Mohamed Diamé (West Ham United)

Si.

It's amusing seeing the contrast of opinions from the summer to now. A lot of people were turning their noses up at him when he was going for free with arguments like "he didn't play in Wigan's run in" etc. Needless to say this would be awesome if we managed to pull it off.

Awesome, bloody stupid if you ask me. Paying £3.5m for someone that cost **** all 6 months ago. You would have to be brain dead to go for a deal like that. **** him, there are better players out there for that money.

Awesome, bloody stupid if you ask me. Paying £3.5m for someone that cost **** all 6 months ago. You would have to be brain dead to go for a deal like that. **** him, there are better players out there for that money.

Why does it matter to us now what he cost 6 months ago? And considering our predicament, we're in no position to be picky. Besides I seriously doubt that there is a better DM available for £3.5M.

Why does it matter to us now what he cost 6 months ago? And considering our predicament, we're in no position to be picky. Besides I seriously doubt that there is a better DM available for £3.5M.

Why does it matter? Mmmm let me think.......

As Villa are on a seemingly massive cost cutting exercise do you honestly think that Lerner is going to let Lambert spend £3.5m on a player that the silly **** could have got for nothing 6 months ago!

Why does it matter? Mmmm let me think.......

As Villa are on a seemingly massive cost cutting exercise do you honestly think that Lerner is going to let Lambert spend £3.5m on a player that the silly **** could have got for nothing 6 months ago!

(And by this logic we'll never buy a player ever again who has increased in value. Nice brain work, sir) 

(And by this logic we'll never buy a player ever again who has increased in value. Nice brain work, sir) 

Absolutely nothing to do with my logic. It is to do with Lerner's spending style (or lack of it). If Lambert rated Diame then he would have gone in for him when he was free. If he didn't rate him then why would Lerner give him £3.5m now? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Can't really see him going to Spuds with their current options in midfield but he could end up at Arsenal as they need a quality DM.

I was one of the select few who stated that he was exactly the type of player we needed when he was available on a free but for 3.5m now which must still be well under his current value i'd welcome him with open arms.

We're not in a position to be selective but i also feel we're not currently in a position to entice him financially or otherwise. 

Edited by Morpheus

Â