Gallows Humor

Keep calm and love Villa

Remi Garde not going to waste inspirational speech on these losers

05-01-16

ASTON Villa boss Remi Garde is to save his inspiring words for players who deserve them, it has emerged.

The former Lyon boss admitted that attempting to motivate his current squad would be a waste of everybody’s time, unless he motivated them to seek alternative careers.

Garde said: “With the right words, almost any player can become a winner, unless that player has ‘Aston Villa’ written on their shirt in impossible-to-erase letters.

“I can’t tell them they’re too good to be relegated, because they quite obviously aren’t. Loic Remy, Gokhan Inler and Wahbi Khazri are too good to be relegated, but unfortunately they don’t play for Aston Villa yet.

“Once I’ve bought them, I’ll tell them how their heroics will lift not just a stadium but a whole city. I’ll tell them how children will be named after them, how statues will be cast in bronze outside Villa Park, how they’ll never have to pay for a drink in this town for as long as they live.

“But why would I say something like that to someone like Joleon Lescott? It’d be like pouring premium-grade petrol into a wheelie bin.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/remi-garde-not-going-to-waste-inspirational-speech-on-these-losers-20160105105025

• Like 1

FOOTBALL: ‘Premier League scouts’ may work for Aston Villa, young players warned

The FA has warned that talented players are at risk of ending up at Villa Park unless they exercise caution, Back of the Net investigates...

The Football Association has issued a warning to promising young footballers that men passing themselves off as ‘Premier League scouts’ may in fact be working for Aston Villa.

During the January transfer window thousands of aspiring footballers will be hunting for clubs, but that may leave them vulnerable to murky practitioners claiming to represent a ‘prestigious Premier League side’ who in fact intend to lure their unwitting targets to Villa Park.

Responding to the news that Villa scouts had been openly attending matches, the FA has made a statement urging players to put safety first and contact them if at any point they are approached by a shifty man in a claret and blue tracksuit reeking of desperation.

Premier League scouts

“The FA has received worrying reports of scouts approaching players making out that they can offer them a Premier League future when in fact they work for Aston Villa,” an FA spokesman told FFT.

“We urge players to do their due diligence and ask any scout who approaches them which teams their club has beaten this season. If that list is shorter than two clubs then there’s a good chance he is in fact from Villa.  

“Everybody thinks that signing for Aston Villa is something that happens to someone else, but while nobody sets out to do it, it happens to scores of perfectly good players every year. Many of them are never heard of again.”

Technicalities

FFT was contacted by a Championship player who wished to remain anonymous and believes he has been approached by Aston Villa.

“The scout was very vague about exactly which club he was from, but he repeatedly said that right now, at this very moment, his club are in the Premier League, technically,” the clearly shaken player told FFT.

“He then presented me with a contract where the club name was repeatedly smudged. I asked whether it was Arsenal and he said that, in one sense I was close [to guessing it]. 

“After that he laughed manically for a while, then he cried a little and asked me lots of questions about life in the Championship on behalf of a ‘friend’.”

The FA has stressed that any player who feels he may have inadvertently signed for Aston Villa should get in touch before February 1 because the situation may still be remedied.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-scouts-may-aston-113549401.html

• Like 3

Not quite gallows humour, more of a general musing I had today, based on the obviously daft rumour of Micah and the "Allo Allo" impressions.

I think if Villa were a sitcom, we'd be "Keeping Up Appearances".

Tom Fox as Hyacinth Bucket- highly aspirational and speaks well, but oblivious that the plans made won't end well.

Remi Garde as Richard Bucket- seemingly a decent man, but left down trodden by constant on going shenanigans.

The Premier League/media as Hyacinth's neighbours-would rather not comment on things, but still constantly giving looks which are a mixture of bewilderment and dismay.

Relegation as Daisy, Rose and Onslow- arrives in a grimly and inevitable fashion.

Ellis as Daddy-pops up every so often to get a cheap laugh.

And Randy as Sheridan-is literally never seen but always seems to be on the scrounge.

I've tried swearing, I've tried drinking heavily, I've tried smoking, I've tried taking drugs, but to be honest all my efforts.......... to get the stewards to throw me out from games  have come to nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've tried swearing, I've tried drinking heavily, I've tried smoking, I've tried taking drugs, but to be honest all my efforts.......... to get the stewards to throw me out from games  have come to nothing.

Thank you Mr Hutton.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2016 at 14:34, mjmooney said:

4eda0f4439a0b2d653002d4eafb90aeb.jpg

I'm assuming this is a pass-back to Guzan who will then do his level best to create a goalscoring opportunity for the other team.

To be fair, they've executed that in textbook fashion many times this season.

Â