Gallows Humor

Keep calm and love Villa

Did anyone, after the 8-0 and the 4-0 to Spuds, keep hearing the rendition of "on the 12th goal of Christmas........."? Quite clever and funny really, until my nose mate got wind of it and it began to get a bit tedious after thirty or forty times down the pub.

I'm getting a bit of pre-match wind-up from a Millwall fan over the way now, but apparently he only knows one song.........something about everyone hating them and they not particularly caring. .

Did anyone, after the 8-0 and the 4-0 to Spuds, keep hearing the rendition of "on the 12th goal of Christmas........."? Quite clever and funny really, until my nose mate got wind of it and it began to get a bit tedious after thirty or forty times down the pub.

I'm getting a bit of pre-match wind-up from a Millwall fan over the way now, but apparently he only knows one song.........something about everyone hating them and they not particularly caring. .

I quite like the one that fans of some other London clubs sing to Millwall:

The wheels on your house go round and round,

round and round, round and round,

the wheels on your house go round and round,

all day long.

• Like 2

Having sit there listening to fans of other clubs having mediocre/average seasons talking to you like the Villa never have been any good and they always knew this is what would happen!

I had to explain the other day,after been told we deserve this because we are arrogant and always expect to win that we expect to win because we usually win more often than we lose....

When this was laughed at because "two trophies in twenty years is shit" i pointed that a club with the fifth highest points total in league history has to be used to winning games!

I know that you are only as good as your last game and in the eyes of some supporters of others clubs our history means nothing.

Better gets used to the jokes eh!

Edited by Keep calm and love Villa

Whilst taking my almost daily slagging from a Liverpool fan in work today I said off the cuff that "yeah it's a pity we can't play you lot every week". I didn't realise until I'd said it that it quite brilliantly took the wind out of his sails and has probably made my coffee breaks a lot more tolerable from now on. I don't know why it took me this long to think of it :)

• 2 years later...

I think it's way beyond that now!   Getting relegated won't even hurt this season, the vast majority of us have accepted it's inevitable and the Christmas decorations are still up in most houses. 

• Like 2

Â