quoting

limpid

Question

The site has just been upgraded to the latest software and something seems to be wrong (for me at least) with quoting. The messages seem to be stored okay, but aren't displaying properly. I've reported it to the software company. If you are seeing the same, please list your OS and browser below and like any post which already has your OS/browser combination. I need to know if this is happening for everyone.

Clearing the cache on my browser seems to make the editor work properly. I can't believe I didn't take my own advice from the top of this forum.

Cleared mine and it still don't work for me. :(

Edited by Daniel

Sorry mate. Editor is still broke. Flicking the switch in the top left seems let me see what's going on in terms of the quotes. Cleared cache and it's still broke. Also tried a different browser and get the same results.

6sx4bq.jpg

Edited by Daniel

Maybe this has been covered and I can't find it but on the subject of quoting, why can't we quote a post with a quote in it properly?

For example, if somebody quotes a post and puts thier reply in and then you go to quote the reply, it will remove the original quote and leave you only with the reply. I guess you could use multiquote but it splits it up.

Maybe this has been covered and I can't find it but on the subject of quoting, why can't we quote a post with a quote in it properly?

For example, if somebody quotes a post and puts thier reply in and then you go to quote the reply, it will remove the original quote and leave you only with the reply. I guess you could use multiquote but it splits it up.

Like it says at the top of the forum, one issue per topic.

Embedded quotes were starting to get ridiculous as people wouldn't trim. Your the first person to mention it so I don't think they'll be missed.

Embedded quotes were starting to get ridiculous as people wouldn't trim. Your the first person to mention it so I don't think they'll be missed.

Well I didn't mention it, because I assumed it was just me being stupid, but I think this is a bad thing.

It should be possible to append to a sequence of quotes, to retain some sense of what you're talking about.

Edited by mjmooney

Just press quote on each message you want to appear in your text. They'll all appear like this:

Well I didn't mention it, because I assumed it was just me being stupid, but I think this is a bad thing.

It should be possible to append to a sequence of quotes, to retain some sense of what you're talking about.

Is that what you mean?

Just press quote on each message you want to appear in your text. They'll all appear like this:

>>

Is that what you mean?

Quotes within quotes appear to be working now (see this post)

was this a concious decision or automatic?

(fwiw I approve of the return to quotes within quotes)

Edited by Stevo985

Quotes within quotes appear to be working now (see this post)

was this a concious decision or automatic?

(fwiw I approve of the return to quotes within quotes)

It is possible to remove some nested quotes while leaving other parts (like this) after clicking the button at the top left, but not otherwise.
Â