quoting

limpid

Question

The site has just been upgraded to the latest software and something seems to be wrong (for me at least) with quoting. The messages seem to be stored okay, but aren't displaying properly. I've reported it to the software company. If you are seeing the same, please list your OS and browser below and like any post which already has your OS/browser combination. I need to know if this is happening for everyone.

Was getting some crazy error at the top of the page a while ago. After that the quotes seem broke.

If i click the little arrow on the quote box i get this error message .

"There appears to be an error with the database."

"If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating
with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away
when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by
an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here"

Had problems with quotes late last night.

Got this today.

OSX 10.8.2

Firefox 18.0.1

The update was performed this evening. Issues last night would have been related to server  load.

As the notes at the top of this forum say, Please only report one issue per topic. However the error you saw would have been caused by the upgrade process. 

The quote issue is now resolved for the "VillaTalk" theme. I'll fix the "Black Chrome" theme when I get time.

XP IE at work - (yes I know) but it's all bobbins

Pete,

As I said above, the problem is now fixed. Are you still seeing mis-formated quotes? Does this look different?

Mobile theme quotes still b0rken.

Will fix this later.

Pete,

As I said above, the problem is now fixed. Are you still seeing mis-formated quotes? Does this look different?

Will fix this later.

The problem, Simon, is that when I click quote, the bit that used to say something like open square bracket limpid on date at time wrote close suqre bracket isn't there - there#'s nothing to show where the quoted text starts or ends. I have to gues where to put the cursor, or my text ends up being part of the quoted text. and when this post is submitted you'll see some funny symbols as well.

If you try to edit i.e. snip a quoted post, it removes all the quoting gubbins

I can't believe it's supposed to look like this in the editor, but short term, use the little "switch" in the top left of the editor to see what's going on. I'll ask the software company.

Â