Supporter Buyout

maqroll

On 18/10/2015, 23:22:30, maqroll said:

we can buy this peckerwood out....

I liked your post maqroll (extract quoted) not because I agreed with it, but because of the use of the word "peckerwood". Marvellous.

n.b. I did like your other post as well, but for more conventional reasons.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 23:40, villa4europe said:

He's not going to waste his personal wealth on villa because there are rules saying he's not allowed

Whether or not he wants to is irrelevant

can buy a biro off the club for £300m if he wants.

got around it in an instant.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are we a league 2 team already then? Contemplating a supporter buyout at this level is absurd. We couldn't even afford the monthly electricity bill.

so just like Randy then ;)

so just like Randy then [emoji6]

I noticed the wink but let's be honest here, that's not true is it. It's not like the Ellis situation. It might be worse in some respects, but I tell you for a fact that we as supporters would be horrendous owners. It's not just the money, we'd get nothing done on a day to day basis.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I noticed the wink but let's be honest here, that's not true is it. It's not like the Ellis situation. It might be worse in some respects, but I tell you for a fact that we as supporters would be horrendous owners. It's not just the money, we'd get nothing done on a day to day basis.

I said it a few pages back it would be impossible to do, VIlla Park is rarely sold out never mind every fan putting in 5k each. Its not possible at this level

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it a few pages back it would be impossible to do, VIlla Park is rarely sold out never mind every fan putting in 5k each. Its not possible at this level

You're assuming the only people that would want a share in Aston Villa are local to, and regularly visit, Villa Park.

It would not be impossible. Clearly it would be possible since other teams are owned by their fans. It may not be easy, but it's possible.

You're assuming the only people that would want a share in Aston Villa are local to, and regularly visit, Villa Park.

It would not be impossible. Clearly it would be possible since other teams are owned by their fans. It may not be easy, but it's possible.

Which teams in England?

We would need a billion pounds to compete at premier league level. Where are you getting that?

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which teams in England?

We would need a billion pounds to compete at premier league level. Where are you getting that?

Portsmouth and Wycombe to name two but I'm not sure why that's relevant. Is it harder to buy an English team than it is a German team, for example?

Where am I getting a billion? Where are you getting a billion?

Have Leicester spent a billion?

If you have a point, I look forward to hearing it  ;-)

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which teams in England?

True, but if we rounded up Castle Vale, Chelmsley Wood, Erdington and a few of the other Beverley Hills/Monte Carlo type areas across the gold pathed streets of Birmingham then I'm sure we could raise a billion pounds in no time...

Seriously, what an absurd idea.

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, Feidhlim said:

Portsmouth and Wycombe to name two but I'm not sure why that's relevant.

Because those two teams play in League 2, where it would cost no more than ~£10m to buy them and the yearly upkeep would only be a couple of million.

We're talking about a club that is up for sale for £150m-£200m, and has a yearly upkeep of ~£75m-£100m. Can the fans stump up ~£225m-300m just to run the club for one year?

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

True, but if we rounded up Castle Vale, Chelmsley Wood, Erdington and a few of the other Beverley Hills/Monte Carlo type areas across the gold pathed streets of Birmingham then I'm sure we could raise a billion pounds in no time...

Seriously, what an absurd idea.

I have no idea if you're suggesting the 1 billion figure is absurd or the idea of buying Aston Villa?

Just now, Feidhlim said:

I have no idea if you're suggesting the 1 billion figure is absurd or the idea of buying Aston Villa?

The idea of the people of Birmingham raising the kind of money it would take to buy a club the size of Aston Villa is absurd. Then comes the running costs. It's just not going to happen. Ever.

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Because those two teams play in League 2, where it would cost no more than ~£10m to buy them and the yearly upkeep would only be a couple of million.

We're talking about a club that is up for sale for £150m-£200m, and has a yearly upkeep of ~£75m-£100m. Can the fans stump up ~£225m-300m just to run the club for one year?

Curious to know the source for all of those figures quoted. The last one doesn't make sense to me - does Aston Villa have zero revenue? Are we really losing £300m per year? No wonder Lerner wants out.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The idea of the people of Birmingham raising the kind of money it would take to buy a club the size of Aston Villa is absurd. Then comes the running costs. It's just not going to happen. Ever.

You may be right but that was never my original point. Please re-read my comments.

The discussion is whether the purchase of Aston Villa by supporters is possible. It's unlikely, agreed, but not impossible.

I will also make the point (yet again) that the buyers of Aston Villa do not need to be located in Birmingham. There are supporters world wide and some, I expect, are wealthy.

Also, the cost associated with buying Villa and running the club is not 1 billion. This is an assumption with no evidence but to suggest it costs 1 billion to be competitive, in my opinion, is wrong. 

These threads are always hilarious. A supporter buyout at this level would end up a lot worse than what we are going through now. Let this one go people.

Edited by AndyC

Â