Supporter Buyout

maqroll

I'd certainly support the idea, but I just don't think we'd raise the cash to buy the club, and certainly not to invest in it. If it's all about fans being in control, maybe there is an outside shot. But this would mean running the club very much within it's own means, and that will lead us to the Championship and lower. If it's about getting more investment in players then Randy Lerner opening his cheque book again is probably our best hope for now.

And Lerner won't sell for 50m any time soon. I'd suspect that the price in his head is 150m pounds, maybe even 200m.

Wait until we are a Championship Club and see theclubs value tumble. However, the only way fan ownerships really work is if we adopt the model used in places like Germany.

Enoguh to buy out the club?

Possibly, although a very remote possibility.

Enough to bankroll it to any sort of decent level?

Not a chance.

Agreed. We certainly wouldn't be able to match in the investment Lerner's put into the club, not even close.

Lerners made some massive mistakes and lost 100's of millions in the last few years. He inherited a massive credit card company and a hugely profitable American football team. He sold both, his wife took him for millions and now he is only left with us.

I'd love someone to audit his business acumen in great depth because looking from the outside in, he just seems like some rich kid who has no idea how to do anything right. Literally, anything. Everything he touches seems to fail.

A supporter buyout is out of the question though. We just have to hope for the best under what we have now. I personally like lambert and Lerner is clearly Trying to rectify the mistakes he's made over the last 5 years.

We'll probably end up in the championship though. It's not the end of the world though, perhaps we will come back stronger?

I doubt it though, under this buffoon.

Not sure most of that statement is actually true!

Personally I think any sort of supporters buy out is a non starter.

Expressions of interest and money on the table are two very different things. You have to have some spare cash that you are prepared to lose at the end of the day

You will still end up with a board or CEO who will have to make unpopular decisons with the fans. What happens then? We need stability not a beer hall pusch every time something the 'owners' do not like happens.

Alternatively you go down the Ebbsfleet route and you vote on everything including team selection, very scary.

Okay - I will buy out the whole Bradford first eleven - I will put up £7,500 right now. For that, we would get a sensational goalie, and a set of players that can score from corners and defend them.

And for buying the club, I would give you 20k. I'd even offer to go round the ground before each match and make sure there was soap in the dispensers of the gents loos. Someone else would have to go and do the ladies though...

Before I put on my tin hat - most of this post is written in jest. I will leave it up to you to decide what I might be serious about.

So would I, Mike.

I can come up with $2000. What if every supporter who went to the game last night did too. I think a decent bid on the club by a supporters group is very possible. Why should it not be?

I think your onto something here!

Im nt so sure 40,000 x £1250 would be enough but nevertheless, Im sure everyone from last night has the spare cash and are willing to spend it on buying Villa with 39,999 other morons. Especially the 6500 Bradford fans. Il put it too them shall I?

Â