Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

Remember the Houllier season when we played Newcastle and it was like a crunch game at Villa park (I think lots of people brought scarves)

We won that 1-0 and went on to survive that season. 

Could we pull a shock result out here? 

I wish that I could go into a Villa game not fearing the worst but it's just so hard to do when we keep playing like we do.

We've played three games since Newcastle ended their last competitive match, with a win, a draw and a defeat, going out of two cups in the process. I hate saying it but I just can't see a win in this one. Their team is not only more technically gifted than ours but also physically stronger. They have a lot of new players and any that play will want to impress. I can't see anything other than a 2 goal defeat. Please prove me wrong Villa!!

For me, this game will show what we're made of. Nothing but league survival on the agenda now no so distractions for our players or management. There's no need to be leaving certain players out for cup games. This is it now, all hands to the pump! If we lose this game without a fight we really are going to be in trouble. You would think that, to show that they are up to the challenge, they have to win this one, or at least not get beat!

Edited by villarocker

The thought of all those smirking fat Geordies does'nt bear thinking about, although I'm sure they're dying to see us get the drop, as we gloated over them.

We need to start winning games, simple as you like. We're at home, Newcastle are not the Barca of the North and they will be stuffed full of new faces who could quite easily take a couple of matches to gel together. They will also be under the same pressure to get points in the bag, so I don't see it as a foregone conclusion that we'll be beaten.

Nervy game, I reckon and difficult to call.

Had a little look on viagogo and picked myself up a ticket in the lower holte for just £11.80...

sticker375x360.png

Haha I'm tempted by that low price. How do you get the tickets this close to the game?

I'm going to keep banging my head against the wall and get optimistic for this against better judgement.

If we start the game like we did against West Brom or Bradford then we will have a chance here. Newcastle have a lot of new players and we might catch them a bit cold.

Then it will be down to whether we can stop them scoring plenty of goals. Who knows on that one the stats aren't with us, but surely the flow of mistakes has to stop at some point...

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Bent
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Bowery

home.png
Carruthers
home.png
Johnson
home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Clark
home.png
Westwood

home.png
Vlaar

keeper.png
Guzan

Let's just go for it   :D I call it the 'Golden Chalice' formation

Don't lump it up like we did against Bradford but keep the ball in their half,

This formation I think would lead to 18-0 but that could be either way depending on how successful it is.

Or a high scoring game anyway.

33978023.jpg

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Bent
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Bowery

home.png
Carruthers
home.png
Johnson
home.png
N'Zogbia

home.png
Clark
home.png
Westwood

home.png
Vlaar

keeper.png
Guzan

Let's just go for it   :D I call it the 'Golden Chalice' formation

Don't lump it up like we did against Bradford but keep the ball in their half,

This formation I think would lead to 18-0 but that could be either way depending on how successful it is.

Or a high scoring game anyway.

Pure genius Sir. I probably wouldn't put it past Lambert, either.