Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

I really am struggling to see any way we can win this - our confidence is through the floor, they've given themselves a massive boost by spending and they'll be motivated to stay away from the bottom three. We desperately need a bit of freakish luck.

I think someone is going to make themselves a hero on their Newcastle debut.

I can't see them all hitting the ground running though so it's not completely out of the question that we end up with something out of this. We'll need a lot of luck though because if even the slightest thing goes against us we are just going to fold again.

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 1

Bedding 4 new players into a team can't be easy, if they all start we may be able to steal a march on them. Maybe I'm crazy but I do think we will knick this and leapfrog them.

I agree, I mean the way the optimist in me sees it, we are rock bottom, we cant actually get any shitter and even though we do have a poor team on paper, I don't think it is actually as poor as the performances we have been enduring. FIngers crossed......

I look at our team and its definately a relegation team, better teams have gone down and some might say worse teams have stayed up but those teams that stayed up played above themselves, we are playing shit and probaly below ourselves at the mo, I think things can get worse I really do,if we can up our game we might stay up, just look at our team on paper!! Championship side for sure, unless we play really well against newcastle we will get draw at very best, I just think they will be to good for us

Guzan 

Lowton ---Vlaar----Baker----Stephens

Delph----Westwood---Clark----Bennet

Weimann----Benteke

1-1

Crikey I was wrong - our usual midfield is not the worst in prem history.

That is!!

I cant honestly see us winning this..and its a real 6 pointer at the very least...

with newkie signing half of france in the past few days also its looking bleak.

I hope there is someone out their putting villa through their defensive set pieces

someone preferably with size 20 boots and a whip:-p,cos if not every free kick newcastle get will be a goal:-(

We need to just forget the start of the season, forget Wembley, forget the FA cup, and just start again. If our young squad are dwelling on previous results we are doomed. Lambert needs to make it perfectly clear to our squad that our season starts with this game. We're currently out the relegation zone and only the players can keep it that way. If we can get that message across to the players and have them playing with confidence, I think we might get a point from this game. Otherwise, I think we might lose 4-0.

Edited by PieFacE