Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Richard

For me I'd go

------------ Guzan -----------
Lowton. Dunne/Baker. Vlaar, Stephens
N'Zogbia, Westwood. Delph, Bennett
-------- Benteke --- Bent --------

Wiemann could come in for Bent or Benteke. Given could play either.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Carruthers getting some time on the pitch but don't know if I'd start him

I would play a really strong attacking line up, you know, the sort of attacking line up that should absolutely destroy a lower league team.

I would have Benteke, Bent, Weimann and Agbonlahor up front and in midfield I would include Ireland and N'Zogbia.

That lot should pose a significant threat to any team outside of the Premiership and absolutely walk it.

• Like 1

Who plays centre-half for our reserve team? Might be worth seeing if they can defend a set piece.

This is a prefect game to blood the likes of Williams, Carruthers, Drennan etc At least if we lose there is always the "only a reserve team" excuse and who knows - they actually might show something.

Lamber persevering with our current back line is like someone insisting on trying to use their Caterham in the snow, even though they have the old land rover that clunks a bit and sometimes loses electrical power, but still runs ok, sat in the garage.

Actually, maybe the Land Rover has a tendency to break down and the wheel sometimes comes off...but even so, there's a good chance that it could brave the current 'storm' better than the younger, faster Caterham...

I'd go :-

------------ Given -----------

Hutton. Dunne. Vlaar Warnock

Albrighton Herd. Westwood Carruthers

-------- Bowery --- Bent --------

Really not sure that playing both Albrighton and Herd who are both out injured will be a good idea, we're shit with 11 fit players as it is!

Were basically nailed on to go down so i think we need to go balls to the wall in this game.

Put the strongest team you can out and lets have a proper tilt at the cup beacuse any suggestion that were going to stay up is laughable.

People cant see the wood for the trees.

I'll be pissed off if we don't take this game seriously, we should try and get as far as possible in this cup then atleast it will give us fans some enjoyment again and take our mind off the league, full strengh team should be played, worry about newcastle on tuesday night, yet again my deluded mind is confident for this game, 3.0 villa

We could do with concentrating on the league, so a loss could be a blessing in disguise. A clean sheet or a big win would help the team's confidence though, so that could be useful.

In short, I don't know if I want Villa to take this seriously or not and as such can't get too excited by the match at all.

Its important we get the league form right.

But, I have never bought into this 'play the reserves' mentality. I want us to win every game we compete in, I hate it whenever we lose. And, moreover, its so disrespectful to youir opponents when its apparent you can't even be bothered to send a decent side out to play them.

I hope we take it seriously and can see a score draw.