smetrov

Warnock

Hutton

Given

Makoun

Bent

Dunne

Ireland

And maybe N'Zogbia even though he's started to play well. I wouldn't call Delph deadwood since he's probably on 30k max and he has shown some promise now that he's getting consecutive games.

I can see Given going to MLS in summer, and probably Ireland too. Warnock and Dunne are off due contracts running out and Bent sold. Hutton and Makoun will be hardest to get rid of.

Barry Bannan

Stephen Warnock

Barry Bannan

Alan Hutton

Barry Bannan

Shay Given

Barry Bannan

Richard Dunne

Barry Bannan

Stephen Ireland

Barry Bannan

Nathan Delfounso

Barry Bannan

Eric Lichaj

Barry Bannan

Jean Makoun

Oh and Barry Bannan.

Cant think of anyone else at the moment,

Edited by Strangeways

It is not like he scores more than Bent, and he will give us more money in the bank. I mean, isn't this thread is about money-saving/making? Villa is a poor club. Best to sell the whole team.

Edited by momo

It is not like he scores more than Bent

On current form, he's going to. In less game-time this season, Benteke has equalled Bent's 10 goals in all comps from last season and bested his assists sevenfold. In addition, if you extrapolate Bent's goals-per-minute this campaign on the assumption that he was playing regularly, his strike rate is still marginally worse than Benteke's. Only in Bent's debut season with us has he had a strike-rate that bests Benteke's today (and even then you have to take into account that at the time Bent was getting far superior service from the likes of Young and Downing).

Of course, the caveat of statistics and damned lies is worth a mention as a matter of course.

I was saying something similar the other day in another thread, but how on earth can anyone possibly describe Given & Bent as dead wood? Are you nuts....?

I am 100% comfortable seeing either on the park.

We should look to replace these players with

Given > Butland

Hutton > ?

Warnock > ?

Lichaj >

Dunne > ?

Bannan > Sissoko

Makoun > Stephens

Albrighton > Bolasie

Holman > Aubameyang

Ireland > Ince

Fonz > De Jong

Edited by dakid007

I was saying something similar the other day in another thread, but how on earth can anyone possibly describe Given & Bent as dead wood? Are you nuts....?

because they're not involved, and not likely to be involved. they're guys earning about £120k between them for not contributing. whether we'd like to see them on the pitch or not, we're not going to, therefore they're deadwood

does players like Bannan, Clark or Lichaj even count as dead weight. Id say the 3 combined are on about 30k a week

they play regularly, and at the moment there aren't really any alternatives to them, so i wouldn't imagine they'd count. even should we sign replacements for all 3 in summer, they'd still be handy enough to keep around (maybe bannan aside) as squad players to step in

Makoun is No.1 on the Deadwood charts

Hutton and Given are the two I'd ship out to save the wages. Both still have years left (2015 and 2016 respectively) on their contracts and are reportedly earning alot.

Warnock, Dunne, Marshall and Lichaj all out of contract this summer and I'd ship them all out

As for underperformers on the pitch undoubtedly Ireland, Delphouneso's never really cut it and doesn't exactly score much in the championship or the England Youth teams but clocks up the appearances. I think times up for him

As for Bannan and Delph they are so frustrating to watch this season. We all know the pair of them can pass. But they're coming back to get the ball off the centre backs too much and then trying to play from inside our own half. It's either time to cut our losses on the pair of them or rethinking where they can play coz they look so lightweight in the middle. I actually think a solid defensive midfielder (or a fit captain :( ) would free these two up to have a bit of a go at opposition defenders which is what they're best at. I know Bannan has had a really poor run of late but he's about the only one of our squad who can cross the ball with any accuracy.

And as for Albrighton, What has happened to the promising youngster of 3 years ago?

thing is, what we consider deadwood could probably walk into most teams in the league, like given and bent, and would probably do a better job as well

Edited by AndyBM

thing is, what we consider deadwood could probably walk into most teams in the league, like given and bent, and would probably do a better job as well

they're, quite literally, the only 2 who could probably walk into most teams in the league :lol:

they're no value to us sitting on our bench so why hold onto them. it's not even like we bring them on or anything

Â