Player Purchases Under Lerner

AndyBM

Transfer amounts are irrelevant without wages.

But all those player we spent big on we're apparently on bug wages too. Adds insult to injury. We paid top class fees and wages for average player. Obviously that is not going to be sustainable.

Also can somebody please mention the money we got back. I do feel Lerner is getting away with that one. Barry, Young, Milner Downing brought us approx 68 million plus significant reduction in wages!

thanks guys, its all become clear why lerner wont spend anymore money, such waste on so much dross

£4m on harewood

£10m on davies

£3.5m on heskey

£6m on warnock

£5m on sidwell

£6m on delph

£6m on makoun

just a few, that £41m above could get us into top 10 with a much stable and experienced team, it would be the 2 centre backs, left back defensive mid and attacking mid that we so need :-(

The ironic thing is I think we would be a stronger team if we had Davis Sidwell Makoun and Warmock In the team(who by the way cost 8.5M.

ive just done a really quick add up of the current first team, ie, who we have, not what lerner has paid for all, and the first team still has cost in transfers, just under £100m

so a £100m team will be getting relegated! theres teams that have had less spent on them that have stayed up, i dont think theres even a team that has spent more thaan us who have gone down, small heath must of come close in their first season up when bruce spent sh it loads to stay up when he bought a load of prem quality players but they still werent enough to keep them up

we couldnt even recoup half of that £100m when we go down, shocking

ive just done a really quick add up of the current first team, ie, who we have, not what lerner has paid for all, and the first team still has cost in transfers, just under £100m

so a £100m team will be getting relegated! theres teams that have had less spent on them that have stayed up, i dont think theres even a team that has spent more thaan us who have gone down, small heath must of come close in their first season up when bruce spent sh it loads to stay up when he bought a load of prem quality players but they still werent enough to keep them up

we couldnt even recoup half of that £100m when we go down, shocking

How did you work that one out? You counting Hutton and Warnck?

4 mill for Bennett :puke:

Nearly as bad as 4 mill for Hutton

8 mill spent on gash fullbacks in successive seasons

Bennett cost 2.5 mill.

http://soccernet.esp...ontract?cc=5739

The 22-year-old signed a four-year deal with the Barclays Premier League club, completing his move to Villa Park after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee, believed to be around 2.5 million pounds ($3.9 million), on Wednesday evening.

I also remember that the Hutton fee was reported to be 3 mill.

Edited by DeepDish

i did notice a few fees on that website are slightly wrong

Yep, but it does not change much. If we paid 3 or 4 mill for Hutton does not matter. It is too much and it is a scandal when we know he got a 4 year deal at 30k a week!

Same with Given. Fee does not matter. What is insane is a 5 year deal with wages at 60k a week.

i guess we are all going to have different opinions on which player has been most wasteful, but for me, it was marlon harewood, at the time, and to this very minute, i still cant figure out why oh why the fu ck did we ever sign him, what was the thought process in him thinking that he would be use?

madness

thanks guys, its all become clear why lerner wont spend anymore money, such waste on so much dross

£4m on harewood

£10m on davies

£3.5m on heskey

£6m on warnock

£5m on sidwell

£6m on delph

£6m on makoun

just a few, that £41m above could get us into top 10 with a much stable and experienced team, it would be the 2 centre backs, left back defensive mid and attacking mid that we so need :-(

Of course, it might be mentioned that, Makoun apart, those players were all bought as part of a strategy that DID get us into the top 10! 6th three times in a row, remember?

If Lerner has stopped spending because he had spent badly in the past, he shouldn't get our approval. He is just making things worse, compounding his errors.

In any event, you could just as easily argue it's the managerial appointments he has made that have dragged us down, not the players he has bought. It's three managers in a row now, all of whom have been given a fair amount of cash to spend, who have dragged us ever nearer to relegation.

Also that his "boom and bust" approach to spending has damaged the club. I did I an analysis somewhere showing on average he's spent about £13m net each season he's been with us. If he hadn't started with unachievable ambitions to get CL football, followed by seasons of severe cutbacks, we might not be in such a mess and that £13m spent more evenly each season could have got us into a more stable position.

Right using the figures that I collected earlier, Lerner has spent £196.75m on players, I'll get onto the costs we've recouped in the morning.

It might give a figure in the ballpark or the parking lot close by, but we can't know for sure how much spent on agent fee, singing fees and taxes. When a football club sell someone for £20m and buy a replacement for £20m they have more than likely lost a whole lot of money.

£4m on harewood

£10m on davies

£3.5m on heskey

£6m on warnock

£5m on sidwell

£6m on delph

£6m on makoun

with regards to your first line that is what I was trying to point out to a few posters on here a few nights ago.

The dross we have bought has sent the club in to a downward spiral.

Of course, it might be mentioned that, Makoun apart, those players were all bought as part of a strategy that DID get us into the top 10! 6th three times in a row, remember?

If Lerner has stopped spending because he had spent badly in the past, he shouldn't get our approval. He is just making things worse, compounding his errors.

In any event, you could just as easily argue it's the managerial appointments he has made that have dragged us down, not the players he has bought. It's three managers in a row now, all of whom have been given a fair amount of cash to spend, who have dragged us ever nearer to relegation.

Also that his "boom and bust" approach to spending has damaged the club. I did I an analysis somewhere showing on average he's spent about £13m net each season he's been with us. If he hadn't started with unachievable ambitions to get CL football, followed by seasons of severe cutbacks, we might not be in such a mess and that £13m spent more evenly each season could have got us into a more stable position.

Personally, your third line is what I Believe.

However, I was always keen for the signing MON....until I witnessed the signings unfold.

Edited by TRO

Wow that list is depressing. Some of the money MON wasted on players that are the very definition of mediocrity is obscene

Fixed

£4m on harewood

£10m on davies

£3.5m on heskey

£6m on warnock

£5m on sidwell

£6m on delph

£6m on makoun

Majority of those signed by...

Equally one could say they limited us to no better than 6th place.

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â