Which protest ? (if any)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which protest ? (if any)

• The "Club For Sale" protest
    • The Red Card protest
    • The old "Ellis Out" cards
    • £ signs
    • None

...To answer your question about what Barry and co said recently, well to be honest can you imagine the uproar if Barry said that Villa didn't need to invest and that the club doesn't need to be ambitious?

Come on get real he's just saying all the right things.

As for your second point, well yeah i think that anyone who holds up silly cards or banners before a game isn't supporting the team on the pitch, even if they put them down before the whistle, ....

So let me get this straight - There would be uproar if Garthe Barry said the Club didn't need to invest and be ambitious, and that this is the "right thing to say.

But when Doug Ellis does exactly that, not just in word but by deed, there shouldn't be uproar?

And when anyone holds up cards or banners before a game (when the team is in the dressing room) it isn't supporting the team on the pitch, even though they put them down before the whistle,(when the players come out onto the pitch?

Yep, there's something that's puzzling me about your arguments, 1982. You see they're just a teensy weensy bit contradictary

• 3 years later...

I was browsing through some of the old threads on villatalk, stumbled across this one and have found myself loving the progress that we have made since the dark and horrible days that the thread concerns. You just need to read some of the posts to realise what a state we were in.

What i'm trying to say i guess, not that it hasn't been said a million times alraeady, is cheers randy!!

The feel good factor does not fit in our trophy cabinet. Those "terrible" times bought us trophies and runners up spots.

You have no idea what you're saying. You can't have.

I'm stating facts - we won things under Doug.

You seem to have read that I said Doug was a lovely chairman. My point is that even if the fans are happier with the way the club is run this won't mean much if we don't add to our honours list.

The feel good factor does not fit in our trophy cabinet. Those "terrible" times bought us trophies and runners up spots.

You seem to have read that I said Doug was a lovely chairman. My point is that even if the fans are happier with the way the club is run this won't mean much if we don't add to our honours list.

Given the parlous state of the club in July 2006, and the fact that 'winning things' has become harder in this country owing to the FA's determination to keep the 'top 4' as is, I think that we can happily accept that it may take just a little longer to bring in silverware.

And I feel a lot better than I did when we were under the old regime.

We did win things during the Ellis era, but by the time he finally sold up we were in serious danger of doing a Nottingham Forest. He took the club to the brink, I can't imagine we'd have won anything for a long old while. It sounds absurd now, but we could have been playing Blackpool and Birmingham rather than Arsenal and Manchester United in the coming weeks.

Now we have hope, then we had none. I still don't understand how your comment is relevant to what we had become.

Yeah but Doug was here for the best part of 40 years. If Randy stays here for 40 years then I'd bloody well hope to win a few more things than we did under Ellis!

Wow.

MON out! Sack the board. Bring back Doug!

We'd be battling it out with Coventry and Preston if we still had Doug.

Â