Which protest ? (if any)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which protest ? (if any)

• The "Club For Sale" protest
    • The Red Card protest
    • The old "Ellis Out" cards
    • £ signs
    • None

FFS - he isn't going anywhere! nobody wants to buy him out! so why keep going on about it ?

Okay, answer this...in recent times, when was the last time that the majority of fans got involved in an Ellis out protest?

Imagine if almost all fans (say 15,000/20,000/30,000) got involved in a sustained, widescale protest that lasted longer than one or two home games! If we really tested his resiliance, do you think an 80 year old man could cope with continual pressure against his regime?

IF he did cope and just brushed it away, then we could finally say once and for all that there is nothing we can do - until then we will keep trying. Why dont you get involved and see what happens instead of discrediting any idea before its even got off the ground?

Well said mate, some people on here have forgot what supporting Aston Villa is all about.

Oh yes, supporting Aston Villa is about nothing more than buying a ticket and going down to the ground for ninety minutes. On the field activities happen in complete isolation to what happens off the field. :?

Or does supporting a football team involve many aspects and not just being there at match day?

Supporting Villa is 100% about supporting the team on the pitch, i'm afraid all other aspects of supporting the club comes second to that. You are simply not going to change the chairman through silly protests, he has been our chairman for decades and despite all the other silly and rather embarrassing protests in the past he is still our chairman. Ellis may be gone in 6 months, maybe a year and he maybe still here in five years (god forbid) but when he does go please don't think it's because of anything the "VFC" have done because whatever they or you do it's all water off the ducks back to Doug because he's made of tough stuff. So just bide your time and wait, because he'll be gone sooner rather than later, but please just get behind the team and put a stop to talk of all these silly protests because they're embarrassing us big style.

your so right ! why dont we just all carry on spending £500+ a season to follow the club we love when its obvious our own ambitions arnt being matched. If DOL and the players were saying they were happy then it would be easier to take but they are not. You want to support the team great !, but take you head out the sand and realise theres nothing wrong with wanting the best for your club, including a decent Chairman, and players. We're sinking fast !

the best idea would surely be to fill VP for every game between now and the end of the season. sing your hearts out, back the lads and help the team get up the table. you can't, and you never will do anything that will change the mind of an 80 year old bloke who's set in his ways. you know it, i know it and deep down we all know it.

so just support what we do have. it's an old idea i know but it's one i quite like.

Well said mate, some people on here have forgot what supporting Aston Villa is all about.

1982, why do you keep going down this route?.

Why do you keep suggesting that people who are critical of our chairmans policies are 'forgetting what supporting Villa is all about'?.

Fwiw I have my season ticket, I love going to the match.

On the day of the game is all about the Buzz of the match, I go and sing, shout and support my team throughout the 90 mins.

But that isn't what it's ALL about.

It's because I love and support my team that I want us to be the best, I want to support a team of quality players really competing in the best league in the world.

ok, forget Chelsea and Manure as financially they are on a different planet at the moment. We still could get up there and compete in the top four but, we are being held back, on and off the field.

We are a massive club in terms of Stature/Stadia/Fan Base/Tophies in the cabinet, we have a stadium capable of seating over 40k, we apparantly have no debt, We have one of the smallest wage bills in the Prem and we have considerable land assets in the local area.

Does it not concern you that despite all this we cannot compete in the transfer market?. Does it not worry you that a few weeks ago Ellis was talking about being a 'major' player in the transfer window and now we are scratching around for cheap players that can't even get in there own first teams?.

Do you not worry about where all the money is going?.

Do you not worry that if we cannot compete why are we not doing something about it?.

As a true supporter why don't you want more for your club?

FFS - he isn't going anywhere! nobody wants to buy him out! so why keep going on about it ?

Okay, answer this...in recent times, when was the last time that the majority of fans got involved in an Ellis out protest?

Imagine if almost all fans (say 15,000/20,000/30,000) got involved in a sustained, widescale protest that lasted longer than one or two home games! If we really tested his resiliance, do you think an 80 year old man could cope with continual pressure against his regime?

IF he did cope and just brushed it away, then we could finally say once and for all that there is nothing we can do - until then we will keep trying. Why dont you get involved and see what happens instead of discrediting any idea before its even got off the ground?

Do you know what, if there was someone out there who approached Doug to buy him out offering him what the club was worth and gave him carved in stone promises that millions would be pumped into the club without the threat of putting the future of the club in doubt i'm pretty sure he'd sell up, but i'm afraid that as yet no one has approached him with such an offer. If that offer was made i'd be the first to call for Doug to sell up but it hasn't happened yet, but in the meantime why don't you just concentrate on getting behind the team because of all his faults Ellis does love Villa just as much as you and i do and only wants the best for the club.

Supporting Villa is 100% about supporting the team on the pitch, i'm afraid all other aspects of supporting the club comes second to that.

so is it 100% or not?

you cant have 100% and other things as secondary as they would form part of the 100%!

did you mean it's a seperate entity altogether?

if so i think most would acknowledge that the club and team are inextricably interlinked which somewhat ***** all over your argument.

1982 - still you haven't answered the point about what the players or management said. why? I'm supporting them, why dont you?

Also since when has any member of VFC or people just pissed off with ellis in general not supported the team during the match? Infact you could go the other way and say that people against their viewpoint were the ones that posted Gregory Out banners up on the Holte.

Doug to buy him out offering him what the club was worth and gave him carved in stone promises that millions would be pumped into the club without the threat of putting the future of the club in doubt i'm pretty sure he'd sell up, but i'm afraid that as yet no one has approached him with such an offer. If that offer was made i'd be the first to call for Doug to sell up but it hasn't happened yet

Why do you narrow mindly suggest that it is just about someone coming in with millions to spend on the team. Fair enough, that would be the perfect scenario, but ultimately we would like someone to come in and develop the club by enhancing the clubs commercial activites.

Doug isnt capable of formulating a business strategy which can take the club forward. He also does not believe in borrowing, which is a very restrictive business practice. If the club was a normal business, Ellis would have been forced out years ago; or the business would have gone under.

What can we do to support the team at 8pm on a Thursday night? Obviously we can talk about footballing issues which we do but we can also talk about forcing change, to ultimately benefit the team.

How do you know this hasnt happened ?

Are you Ellis in disguise avfc1982?

I don't know, do you?

and no i'm not Doug, that was a silly question.

true, he cant string a sentance together..........you can....just :OP

Supporting Villa is 100% about supporting the team on the pitch, i'm afraid all other aspects of supporting the club comes second to that.

so is it 100% or not?

you cant have 100% and other things as secondary as they would form part of the 100%!

did you mean it's a seperate entity altogether?

if so i think most would acknowledge that the club and team are inextricably interlinked which somewhat ***** all over your argument.

Ron Saunders always used to ask Villa fans to give the team 110% at every game, so if the great man can be so flexible with percentages then so can us mere mortals.

Do you reckon that "*****" all over your argument?

In all honesty if we want Ellis out we have to have a unified front and get behind an organistaion we can all agree on; every man and his dog like to have a pot shot at VFC, but at the moment thats all that seems to exist to me. But unless you can get an organistaion that unites most of us on VT and most of them on H&V and then get all the other Villa fans who aren’t on the internet we haven’t got a chance.

If you then asked every one to contribute £10, you have a fund that can be used to make life extremely difficult for Doug; taking out full page adverts in newspapers, bombarding the large corporate shareholders in Aston Villa, finding a buyer for Villa, making a business plan for the future. Turning up everywhere where Doug is, etc, etc. But it all depends on some unity and some money, and I can’t see that happening.

Until that day or Doug goes to a better place, not much is going to happen.

1982 - still you haven't answered the point about what the players or management said. why? I'm supporting them, why dont you?

Also since when has any member of VFC or people just pissed off with ellis in general not supported the team during the match? Infact you could go the other way and say that people against their viewpoint were the ones that posted Gregory Out banners up on the Holte.

To answer your question about what Barry and co said recently, well to be honest can you imagine the uproar if Barry said that Villa didn't need to invest and that the club doesn't need to be ambitious?

Come on get real he's just saying all the right things.

As for your second point, well yeah i think that anyone who holds up silly cards or banners before a game isn't supporting the team on the pitch, even if they put them down before the whistle, and don't get me going about that prat who used to sit in the Holte with the "Gregory out" banner.

Ron Saunders always used to ask Villa fans to give the team 110% at every game, so if the great man can be so flexible with percentages then so can us mere mortals.

Not really. 110% is the accepted expression (particularly in sports) for giving that bit extra than the norm. you on the other hand just weren't making much sense.

you've either missed the point or arent able to respond. is supporting the team 100% of supporting villa as you originally stated, or not? do you deny the team and club are inextricably interlinked?

i have no problem if people dont want to protest against Ellis, for whatever their reason. As i dont believe it has a bearing on how good a supporter you are. . . as long as you give 110% ( :wink: ) on the day.

But Barry and the others could have just said nothing. The fact that so many of the players and the management have said, somewhat puts them into the saame "camp" as us, IMO. So no he's not just saying the "right" things at all, they are all saying the things that genuinly need to happen.

A simple question here, do you think we need extra funds for new players now, yes or no?

A couple of times you have mentioned embarassement, is that the key to your objection to protest the fact that you think its silly. Other than a few blose fans I cant see many other fans joking about this, they joke about Ellis but not about the fans protesting. How can doing this be construed as not supporting the team? Are you saying that we shouldn't shout abuse when we think they haven't tried, or boo at H/T or like at Brammal Lane when they went off after a crap performance?

I think your definition of supporting the team is somewhat in the minority, but if thats what you think then so be it. But do not ever say that we do not support the team because we dont fall in with your ideas, because that is so wrong

you imagine the uproar if Barry said that Villa didn't need to invest and that the club doesn't need to be ambitious

Why would a professional footballer not want the club to be ambitious?? Surely Barry has ambitions of his own such as playing against the best in the Champions League - why would he not want this? In order for this to be achieved, the club needs to match his ambitions, which they are obviously not.

Not really. 110% is the accepted expression (particularly in sports) for giving that bit extra than the norm. you on the other hand just weren't making much sense.

you've either missed the point or arent able to respond. is supporting the team 100% of supporting villa as you originally stated, or not? do you deny the team and club are inextricably interlinked?

i have no problem if people dont want to protest against Ellis, for whatever their reason. As i dont believe it has a bearing on how good a supporter you are. . . as long as you give 110% ( :wink: ) on the day.

Oh believe me I'm well able to respond to your points. Of course the team and the club are "inextricably interlinked" but once you walk into Villa Park or whatever ground we are playing on the day the only job of a fan is to support the team. Any protest or whatever else of the "VFC" agenda is detrimental to the team.

That's just my opinion of course.

Oh believe me I'm well able to respond to your points

well i wish you had of done in the first place then!

Of course the team and the club are "inextricably interlinked" but once you walk into Villa Park or whatever ground we are playing on the day the only job of a fan is to support the team. Any protest or whatever else of the "VFC" agenda is detrimental to the team.

That's just my opinion of course.

you seem to have shifted to only talking about match days now, and fair enough you may have meant that all along but it certainly wasn't clear. glad you acknowledge that issues with the club are important to fans as well as issues with the team.

i've heard many people uphold the opinion that match day protests are innapropriate and they have been both pro and anti Ellis. I think that it needs to be very clear exactly what the protest is about and even then it's still risky. The £ sign one was extremely effective whereas last years VFC one didn't seem to have as much impact although it gained alot of publicity.

i suppose we'll never really know what effect it has on players. but i wish everyone would just stop this 'true/real fans' crap.

Â