45 members have voted

1. 1. Which protest ? (if any)

• The "Club For Sale" protest
    • The Red Card protest
    • The old "Ellis Out" cards
    • £ signs
    • None

it'll never happen though will it ?

1. the majority of supporters (myself included) would rather be supporting the team from kick off rather than hanging around waiting for a protest whistle

2. the majority realise that nothing will change and therefore don't worry about it anymore

we could be a lot better off and we could also be a lot worse off. that's the Villa for you. and you take it or leave it as my old man would say. don't let the VFC convince you that its ever been any different. i'm still waiting to hear who these great players were that would "jump through hoops" to sign for us when Ellis wasn't around

the truth is, its just bullshit. unless anyone else can prove me wrong ?

Brighton and Hove albion with Tom Hark, made the top 20.

Yeovil True made 34 with sales from the WHSmiths in Yeovil.

:shock:

Of course, considering there's difficulty getting a protest or march together, getting people to buy a single may prove more difficult again.

As for a sit-in would'nt the match against arsenal be the perfect way to do it?... with the camaras there there to pick it up?.. leaflets could be handed out before the match stressing if your unhappy with ellis's reign at the club then remain in there seats for maybe 10 or 20 mins after the match to protest.... then that may cause a big stir aswell... even if it's one stande like the holte end it should make the after match comments very interesting ;),

ellis out NOW

there seats for maybe 10 or 20 mins after the match to protest

not enough exposure ..when do you ever see highlights of the cleaning staff sweeping the terraces on MOTD :-) ...best to stick to during the match when any protest can be picked up

whip - 1981/ 1982 it was different so that sort of dispells your its ever been any different statement

Dear Drat

who exactly did we sign in those years that you'd consider 'great players' ?

and i don't mean in hindsight. i mean who were considered great players when we got em ?, that's what the VFC statement said and that's what i'm questioning. NO great players ever jumped through hoops to sign for us whilst Ellis was away. it's as simple as that

on the otherhand if your using two years out of the last 131 to claim we haven't always been a bit average it's hard to agree. you have to look at the whole picture. and it's very, very average. no matter what anyone tells you. you'd think we were former world beaters the way some folks go on!

on the otherhand if your using two years out of the last 131 to claim we haven't always been a bit average it's hard to agree. you have to look at the whole picture. and it's very, very average. no matter what anyone tells you. you'd think we were former world beaters the way some folks go on!

We might not have been 'world beaters' but we were CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.

I would settle for that again.

the best idea would surely be to fill VP for every game between now and the end of the season. sing your hearts out, back the lads and help the team get up the table. you can't, and you never will do anything that will change the mind of an 80 year old bloke who's set in his ways. you know it, i know it and deep down we all know it.

so just support what we do have. it's an old idea i know but it's one i quite like.

Well said mate, some people on here have forgot what supporting Aston Villa is all about.

whip interesting views. As a new boy to the site - welcome. So what you are saying is that we are average and that you are happy with that and all in the garden is rosy or have I missed your point? So far from what we have seen from your posts is that you dont give a stuff about people who genuinly want more success for Villa. OK so be it, each to their own I suppose

Sorry mate I dont see it like that. As a fan for many years and most of them under the Ellis regime, its with sadness that I only saw true success during the time when he was away. Coincidence? I've seen opportunity after opportunity come and go and as each year goes by we see even more evidence of how Ellis is no longer fit as chairman, but apathetic views from so called fans mean that he remains in his ivory tower.

As for 1981 1982 sorry again but to me who was there that night in Rotterdam, they were ALL great players. Dont forget if someone had their way that peice of history would never be mentioned at VP

Well said mate, some people on here have forgot what supporting Aston Villa is all about.

and that is what exactly? You keep coming on here saying people who chose to complain about Ellis and are unhappy about the setup are not supporting the team. As I said previously surely of the players are calling for extra investment and the management are then we are supporting them. Surely the people who dont support their wishes for success are the people who aren't supporting the team.

and that is what exactly? You keep coming on here saying people who chose to complain about Ellis and are unhappy about the setup are not supporting the team. As I said previously surely of the players are calling for extra investment and the management are then we are supporting them. Surely the people who dont support their wishes for success are the people who aren't supporting the team.

Well actually you're right, i do think that people who constantly moan and groan about the goings on at Villa are not supporting the team, all we ever seem to get from fans on here is anti Ellis bile and talk of protests at home games, and you think that's "supporting the team"?

That aint my idea of getting behind the lads.

Oh yes, supporting Aston Villa is about nothing more than buying a ticket and going down to the ground for ninety minutes. On the field activities happen in complete isolation to what happens off the field. :?

Or does supporting a football team involve many aspects and not just being there at match day?

anti Ellis bile and talk of protests at home games, and you think that's "supporting the team"?

Or is that just not supporting Ellis? Everyone on here supports the team; whether you a are season ticket holder or frequently attend; even those who cant make it for what ever reason are still true supporters. You fail to recognise that many people who post on here are also very willing to respond to a thread that directly talks about football.

A regime change or finally getting Ellis to put his hand in his pocket, will have wide implications and, believe it or not, it will have a direct effect on the team. Therefore, wanting widespread fundamental changes in the boardroom in order to improve the team, is ultimately supporting the team, is it not?

Perhaps you could tell us what your idea of supporting the team is and how you implement this?

FFS - he isn't going anywhere! nobody wants to buy him out! so why keep going on about it ?

your wasting your own lives moaning about something you can do absolutely nothing about. unless you happen to have a spare 80m lying around ?

what is the point ?

Well actually you're right, i do think that people who constantly moan and groan about the goings on at Villa are not supporting the team, all we ever seem to get from fans on here is anti Ellis bile and talk of protests at home games, and you think that's "supporting the team"?

That aint my idea of getting behind the lads.

OK thats your view, albeit IMO totally wroing.

So why not answer the point I made about the players and the management basically saying the same, or are they not part of the team?

As said above its exactly that sort of viewpoint that keeps Villa in the stagnated state its in now.

Lastly this is a forum for all Villa fans, and the fact that most chose to raise concerns (Note: by the way the fact that you are moaning sort of defeats your argument about "Moaners" somewhat) about so many of us not accepting Ellis's way of running the club shoudl show you thats its quite a popular thought.

FFS - he isn't going anywhere! nobody wants to buy him out! so why keep going on about it ?

your wasting your own lives moaning about something you can do absolutely nothing about. unless you happen to have a spare 80m lying around ?

what is the point ?

Concern and frustration Whip thats what. Something the apathetic seem to have lost

Oh yes, supporting Aston Villa is about nothing more than buying a ticket and going down to the ground for ninety minutes. On the field activities happen in complete isolation to what happens off the field. :?

Or does supporting a football team involve many aspects and not just being there at match day?

Supporting Villa is 100% about supporting the team on the pitch, i'm afraid all other aspects of supporting the club comes second to that. You are simply not going to change the chairman through silly protests, he has been our chairman for decades and despite all the other silly and rather embarrassing protests in the past he is still our chairman. Ellis may be gone in 6 months, maybe a year and he maybe still here in five years (god forbid) but when he does go please don't think it's because of anything the "VFC" have done because whatever they or you do it's all water off the ducks back to Doug because he's made of tough stuff. So just bide your time and wait, because he'll be gone sooner rather than later, but please just get behind the team and put a stop to talk of all these silly protests because they're embarrassing us big style.

Â