Which protest ? (if any)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which protest ? (if any)

• The "Club For Sale" protest
    • The Red Card protest
    • The old "Ellis Out" cards
    • £ signs
    • None

our sack the board protest in the 80's started with years of chanting and organised protests which clearly didn't work. The only way to do it is not to turn up, clearly season tickets have already been bought so the club won't loose out money wise , but its the best way to make a point.

It worked at newcastle around 89 the chairman quit after he wasn't making the money he'd planned on making from the stands. sir john hall came in the rest is history.

Fair enough the team won't have the support in the short term but is that sacrifice worth it for the long term.

It just means you've got to put up with the "where were you when you were sh*t" chants.

I've put none, he's a stubborn old bastard and it'd get his back up and he'd dig in even further, I'd rather try to ignore him. The media would come out with same old crap and make us all look like whinging girls because they want to keep us down aswell, and FFS he can't live too much longer ..... can he?

What about a protest delay entering the ground? ie the upcoming Arse game on tv, everyone goes in 15 mins after scheduled kick off time. Good tv exposure, might even get the kick off delayed and an extra pint in the pub beforehand :D

How about refusing to leave the ground at the end of the game? A "sit-in" if you like. I think this would have more impact than a late arrival, with the fans staying behind chanting "wheres the money gone" etc etc

The problem as I see it with these protests is that too many people who get involved are fair weather protesters.

As with last time a couple of good results and the whole protest movement grinds to a whimpering halt. The protests sgould not be about result but the old fools lack of vision and investment to bring the club forward positively.

Anybody fancy writing a song? SUre we could get a radio station to play it...

Havent the Bristol City fans got into the chart at number 19 with barely any sales of a song they have recorded???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who believe, any evidence will do; for those that dont, non will suffice.

Anybody fancy writing a song? SUre we could get a radio station to play it...

Havent the Bristol City fans got into the chart at number 19 with barely any sales of a song they have recorded???.

I think so, and I heard it last week. It's truely awful.

Still it got them some publicity though.

I voted for Red Cards. We need a very visual protest and this would be seen on TV. It also can't be an inconvenient protest or the fickle fans wont bother doing it. Rob, as to why we have to bother - Doug is a VERY proud man and anything that reflects badly on him in the media will work. The £ protest are the only reason we have Angel up front remember !!

well without being harsh the last protest wasa bit lame and ineffective as most peopel didn't join in , and your ptotest befoer the match was mainly 14 year old kids who thought it would be cool to be rebels ..

best way is to pick a live match so it has full exposure .... (all match of the day did at the last protest was not show it )

then ensure that as Many people as possible dont take their seats before kick off ...then 10 mins or so into the game get people to start taking their seats complete with llots of noise , Ellis Out ,£ sign or what not signs ..then the TV cameras WILL notice it and you have your publicity

if you could get 10,000 people to stay away from their seats for KO then that would be something AND you sure would get noticed ....

Â