A view from the opposition

Liam_Baggies

Liam what happened to WBA putting petrovs pic up pre game on the screen

Did it happen ? I didnt see it but didnt get there til 515pm

No they didn't, They did mention that there would be a round of applause in the 19th minute (at which point a few fans started booing, a small minority might i add) then in the 19th minute there was a little bit of booing and jeering where i was positioned (in the corner between smetwick and west stand) didn't see any baggies fans clapping.

'we know what you are' Fantastic haha

West brom have a nice medium sized club set up, decent fanbase in terms of numbers and they are kind of respected as a club by some people but boy have they got it bad over the villa, no matter how we are doin or what division we are in we will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be the biggest club in the midlands and one of the biggest clubs in english football, west brom sadly for them will forever be in our shadow no matter what, we are their cup final, top away support yesterday, after the game they were acting like they had won a cup but then again they had scored two goals against the villa and also got a point against us so that might explain why

No they didn't, They did mention that there would be a round of applause in the 19th minute (at which point a few fans started booing, a small minority might i add) then in the 19th minute there was a little bit of booing and jeering where i was positioned (in the corner between smetwick and west stand) didn't see any baggies fans clapping.

'we know what you are' Fantastic haha

Yes despite the press coverage and the pre match announcement over the PA system, very few joined in.

Walking to the ground a group of about 8 or 9 middle aged Albion fans taunted my 9 and 12 year kids for wearing Villa colours. How brave of them, classless scum.

I didn't see many Albion fans giving it large after the game though

They all had their heads down and were Walking quickly away from the villa fans spilling out.

Their disrespect of the 19th minute was a disgrace to their club.

rocket polishers.

I don't "hate" these tosser more pitty their envy, so small time which I guess is WBA all over.

I don't doubt that they were disrespectful towards Petrov, petty minded people with an inferiorty complex were always going to behave in this classless maner.

Liam, can you give us your views on the Petrov applause? As I've said the whole season I have no problem with people joining in/not joining in, however your classless scum small minority of fuckwits pissed me right off. Booing in the Smethwick during it and mocking it in the Millenium Corner

Anyone notice how gobby they were inside the ground and how gobby they weren't outside? All the noise and surrounding areas were Villa fans, might as well have been a home game

Anyone notice that bald clearing in the woods in the millennium corner front row. I swear he didn't watch a moment of the game. He gave it the rocket polisher sign for the full minute on 19. Prick.

Sorry, I was out for most of last night hence why I wasn't able to reply.

There was no 8 minute clap. There was a clap in the 9th minute in memory of Jeff Astle as it was 11 years since his unfortunate passing.

The Petrov applause, I was disappointed with a very small minority of Albion supporters who decided to make idiots of themselves which would have reflected quite badly, however, they soon shut up and we decided to sing pro Albion songs. I don't think many Albion fans were going to clap, the club have given it's wishes to Petrov and we all wish Petrov a speedy recovery, however, in my opinion, the clapping isn't for me. I and many others are more in favour of putting money in the buckets for the appropriate charities and actually making a difference rather than clapping which at times feels like a stick you use to beat others with.

There was no 8 minute clap. There was a clap in the 9th minute in memory of Jeff Astle as it was 11 years since his unfortunate passing.

So i just imagined the clapping in the 8th minute of the game and people singing ' 8-0 to the chelsea boys' in the smethwick?

i was sitting in between the smethwick and the west and it definitely did.

So you were in our ends?

I assure you. I've just asked several people who sit towards the bottom if they heard it, and they haven't.

Even if that did happen, then those have obviously misunderstood the reasons behind the applause.

Edited by Liam_Baggies

Yes i was, I wasn't there as a fan i was working.

It was coming from the bottom end of the smethwick next to the villa fans. There wasn't that many singing it but definitely were, i can understand if you didn't hear that. But pretty much the whole ground was clapping in the 8th minute theres no denying that.

Â