considering getting a dog

leemond2008

My daughter has two pet rats. They are actually very clean creatures and easy to look after. They just sit on her shoulder or nestle in her hoodie while she's watching TV.

I agree with most on here Leemond that you should not get one just yet due to your social life and wouldn't be fair on him/her.

I was in your position a while back and opted for a nice medium sized aquarium instead. Only pain in the arse with that though is it can be a nightmare to clean but easier than owning a dog.

The girlfriend has been going on about a pet for ages.

Not particularly into them, you can't just go away at short notice.

I'd also worry that their perception of time is way different from ours. An hour to us maybe doesn't seem so long, to them, who knows?

So we borrow next door's cat as a compromise.

She's here now.

oa0y13.jpg

We don't feed her often, so she'll always go back.

I'm resigned to the fact I wont be getting one, it was wishful thinking anyway

I'll have to make do with bully from downstairs, he is pretty much my dog during the summer any way, he just comes and goes as he pleases when the doors are left open (which is pretty much all the time in the warmer months) and of a morning he comes up to my window to wake me up, the only annoying thing about the **** is that he has no qualms about stealing my food as well

proper sniper he is, he sneaks into my flat, hides in the bathroom and if I leave any food on the coffee table for any ammount of time he runs out and snaffles it and then looks at me all proud as if he has just performed some amazing trick

****, I think I may well be.

2wmqlqo.jpg

Dobra, we like your cat, though we've had to de-flea her a couple of times.

I'm resigned to the fact I wont be getting one, it was wishful thinking anyway

Sounds like it's probably for the best for now.

I'm in a similar sort of situation, although I have a house with a garden, live 5 minutes from work and only work 9 - 5:15. We are looking at getting a Beagle but I am a bit concerned that it might be left on it's own for too long, I could drive home at lunch and sit with it for half an hour or so but it might still be a bit unfair on it. Saying that though my Mum and Dad have 2 dalmations and they're at home pretty much Monday - Friday, 9 til 4 and they don't seem to have any problems with that.

Maybe I need to reconsider and wait until I'm older :(

Beagles are extremely active. I'd say that's one of the unfairest breeds to leave at home. They're a fantastic dog if you had the lifestyle to suit them though.

Â