Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Liam, can you give an insight into the apparent feeling off the wba forum I linked above about Steve Clark being lucky and a bit clueless? A few of my friends are season ticket holders at the baggies and they have said a few times Clark is riding his luck? But Newcastle fans were saying exactly the same about pardew last year

Those comments are harsh to be honest. We've had a terrific start to the season and Clarke showed the positive capabilites of being a good head coach. The problem in recent weeks is that with the increased injuries to the side and Clarke's persistance to rotate, our performances have suffered and likewise, so have the results. Yesterday was incredibly annoying, it was a needless substitution which Clarke made, and certainly introduced the wrong player, and from that moment on the momentum changed and we quite simply collapsed. I hadn't seen a side collapse like that since we beat Wolves 5-1.

However, Clarke was always going to make mistakes, this is his first year in management and hopefully he learns from them, however comments about luck and him being clueless are grossly unfair.

With Mulumbu and Yacob out, I'm a lot more confident going in to this one. Thats the spine of their team taken away. It at least gives us a chance.

Could possibly scrape a draw. Sign 1/2 quality players this week and you never know, we could go their and draw with confidence.

I haven't a clue what the score will be and quite frankly i'm dreading the game. But, make no mistake, an unlikely win in this game (coupled with some signings) could (and I use that term loosely) kick-start our season and prove to be a massive turning point.

A loss would intensify this free-falling we've been doing a lot of lately.

We need Bent and Gabby to start,I don't understand why when we need goals desperately Bent is not even on the bench ?

FFS we need points and we need them now

I am guessing that Bent will be missing again and we will have our usual lineup, so I am going for 3/4 nill.

We need Bent and Gabby to start,I don't understand why when we need goals desperately Bent is not even on the bench ?

FFS we need points and we need them now

I am guessing that Bent will be missing again and we will have our usual lineup, so I am going for 3/4 nill.

He's injured, and wa sinjured on Saturday.

As Chris says, I think ONCE he's been available and not on the bench.

Things tend to go around in circles.

Just as I fancied the Bradford game to be another Tranmere, this, I fear, is to be another Birmingham City. But with the roles reversed. WBA 5 - 1 AVFC.

Your fault if that turns out to be right, Pilch.

We'll be soundly beaten.

If we concede an early goal I would fear the worst

We need to be on our toes first 20-25 mins weather the inevitable storm then look to hit on the break as anfield

Things tend to go around in circles.

Just as I fancied the Bradford game to be another Tranmere, this, I fear, is to be another Birmingham City. But with the roles reversed. WBA 5 - 1 AVFC.

The last time Albion put 5 past a local rival the local rival's manager got the sack pretty damn quick. Mmmm........