Where are the points coming from?

MikeMcKenna

Looking at the next 8 games, I cannot see us stopping the rot any time soon. I doubt we will get more than 4 points out 24 so we could be down by the end of March :-(

Aston Villa v Newcastle L

Everton v Aston Villa L

Aston Villa v West Ham D

Arsenal v Aston Villa L

Aston Villa v Man City L

Reading v Aston Villa L

Aston Villa v QPR W

Aston Villa v Liverpool L

Can anyone see a light at the end of this awful dark tunnel?

I didn't see us beating Liverpool at anfield or Swansea at home or even getting a draw against arsenal so why can't we get some better results than that. Apart from man city I can see us maybe getting a draw in most of those and a win in a few.

• Like 1

Can anyone see a light at the end of this awful dark tunnel?

Four lights.

We will get more than 4 points from those games.

You've only listed half the remaining games.

This year the points needed to stay up is likely to be on the low side.

The scale of the current crisis may prompt the owner to pay a little more if it gets the players on Lambert's list.

I didn't see us beating Liverpool at anfield or Swansea at home or even getting a draw against arsenal so why can't we get some better results than that. Apart from man city I can see us maybe getting a draw in most of those and a win in a few.

After the results we have had in the last 4/6 weeks I am amazed at your optimism - I assume you think our form is going to improve dramatically given that we are bottom of the form table. Losses at home to Wigan & Southampton and away to League 2 Bradford must tell you something.

Four lights.

We will get more than 4 points from those games.

You've only listed half the remaining games.

This year the points needed to stay up is likely to be on the low side.

The scale of the current crisis may prompt the owner to pay a little more if it gets the players on Lambert's list.

Peter I only listed half the remaining games to illustrate that we are going to find it very difficult to gain momentum and turn the tide. I do not deny that I have been very pessimistic but sincerely think it will be hard based on current form to get more than say 4-8 points which would put us on 27 and IMO would find us still in bottom 3.

Peter I only listed half the remaining games to illustrate that we are going to find it very difficult to gain momentum and turn the tide. I do not deny that I have been very pessimistic but sincerely think it will be hard based on current form to get more than say 4-8 points which would put us on 27 and IMO would find us still in bottom 3.

Mike, I don't think there's a single person who would deny it will be difficult to gain momentum and turn the tide.

Some people, me included, think there's limited value in finding a thousand ways to say it. Though to be fair your way was more different to the endlessly repeated wailing I'm seeing in other threads.

After the results we have had in the last 4/6 weeks I am amazed at your optimism - I assume you think our form is going to improve dramatically given that we are bottom of the form table. Losses at home to Wigan & Southampton and away to League 2 Bradford must tell you something.

I am generally positive and optimistic but I firmly believe we can overcome our form. Remember the Bolton game last season? That's the first time I thought we might go down. I thought if we couldn't beat that crap Bolton team at home then we were screwed. We didn't go down as we all know.

I'll never say we will definitely stay up, that would be stupid but while we can still mathematically avoid it I will believe we can overcome any odds.

The best and worst part about football is anything can happen so I choose to believe the better scenario because let's face it, I'm not the manager, owner, board member or one of the players. I can't change what's happening so I'll just turn up each week and show my support to the players on the pitch.

The way I see it is that we have only 10 games left and we have to get 5 wins and 5 draws to to stand a slim chance of staying up.

Ok ok, I know you are going to say that we have 16 games left...BUT I have left out the games against Man U,Man C,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs and Liverpool on purpose as I cant see us getting anything at all from those games.

So, of the remaining 10 games we must get results against teams like WBA Newcastle Stoke Everton. Not an easy task when you take into account that we have not been able to beat any of the teams below us, Wigan,Southampton Bradford,QPR.

In fact we have conceeded 8 goals and only scored 2 against the teams mentioned above....and last but not least ALL the teams that we have to play now are above us.

I have already accepted that we will be a Championship team next season. :(

Looking at the next 8 games,

You haven't mentioned the West Brom game, next up.

If we only get 4 points from the 8 games you have cited, we may as well start planning for life in the Championship. But I have high hopes we'll get more.

Newcastle and West Ham home and Reading away - I'd expect at least 3 from those.

Cripes, I thought I was the gloomiest Villa fan in the world!

So 16 games left and 21 points would give us 40 which is often considered the safety point so a basic format would be 7 wins..in the last 22 games we have 4 wins..

Or to look another way we need more than double the points we have from 22 games in the last 16...

Well we can rule out getting anything from the QPR or Reading game

I think we were lucky to get anything out the reading game at home it was very scrappy and could have gone either way we were piss poor

Our record against redknapp in general is shite and these are the games we need to win to stay in the division

Â