Bardsley Set to Sign

villafan306

By Me

The young Manchester United full back will become our first signing of 2007.

Well in my rumour round up posted just hours ago the top rumour was this one, and now it has been confirmed.

Phil Bardsley will sign on loan until the end of the season on Monday, the day after we face Manchester United in the FA Cup.

The 21 year old right back will not make his deubt for a couple of weeks though, he will be inelligible for the Premiership clash with United.

Martin O'Neill today spoke about the transfer window and his attempts to bolster the wafer thin squad.

O'Neill said: "We have been tested to the limit and the players have done remarkably well. Even if we wanted to try and rotate a bit we haven't had the ability to do so.

"We could do with a little bit of help. The same group of players have gone through all the games and I would imagine we would have had less chance to rotate than most.

"That is not to evoke a lot of sympathy. That's our position and we are trying to put it right.

"We might get players in during January and might still have the same problem in February and that's the way the season goes, but we would be better off having a bigger squad."

More news on this story on Monday when the deal is finalised.

I don't doubt it will go through, but those MON quotes are old and do not relate to Bardsley, they are generic transfer window quotes. There are no quotes on the net from Villa about Bardsley and no website has made it official.

Well I think we may have to wait perhaps another 5 days before the Ronaldinho & Deco double signing becomes official, but we have got in and signed (albeit on loan) somebody. Was RB the number one priority? Definitely not. Did the position need strengthening? Yes.

I've been putting up the odd sarcy "I trust MON" post, simply because there are about a dozen posters who seem to add it to every other post. But let's not start digging at the guy because on January 5 he still hasn't addressed our major needs with some huge star signing.

Raise your hopes too high and you'll always be disappointed.

By Me

The young Manchester United full back will become our first signing of 2007.

Well in my rumour round up posted just hours ago the top rumour was this one, and now it has been confirmed.

Phil Bardsley will sign on loan until the end of the season on Monday, the day after we face Manchester United in the FA Cup.

The 21 year old right back will not make his deubt for a couple of weeks though, he will be inelligible for the Premiership clash with United.

Martin O'Neill today spoke about the transfer window and his attempts to bolster the wafer thin squad.

O'Neill said: "We have been tested to the limit and the players have done remarkably well. Even if we wanted to try and rotate a bit we haven't had the ability to do so.

"We could do with a little bit of help. The same group of players have gone through all the games and I would imagine we would have had less chance to rotate than most.

"That is not to evoke a lot of sympathy. That's our position and we are trying to put it right.

"We might get players in during January and might still have the same problem in February and that's the way the season goes, but we would be better off having a bigger squad."

More news on this story on Monday when the deal is finalised.

It has been confirmed by whom? Don't really see anything to say that.

I can't getting the feeling that we are more keen on players we know we can't get - Keane, Defoe, - but aren't that keen on available players such as Bent......

I wonder why ?

Perhaps we're more keen on really good players than fairly good players?

You don't know you can't get 'em till you actually try?

Â