• Delph
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bannan (for Holman 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for N'Zogbia 62)
    • Bewery (for Westwood 78)

OK

Can someone please explain to me why Delph is getting praise for that showing.

From where i was sat he is systematic of what is wrong with this side, for all his workrate he is (and further proved today) that he is simply not yet a premiership level player.

We lost the ball quite a few times because of his inability to pass a ball quickly, instead running into blind alleys.

To say he played well shows just how far our expectations have dropped.

My reaction to this game is that I'm bricking it about the Baggies game. We will completely crumble at their place. It will be a right tonking. Oh yeah who's idea was it for a half five KO. Expect massive kickoffs. I won't be going.

All of our players are pussys

OK

Can someone please explain to me why Delph is getting praise for that showing.

From where i was sat he is systematic of what is wrong with this side, for all his workrate he is (and further proved today) that he is simply not yet a premiership level player.

We lost the ball quite a few times because of his inability to pass a ball quickly, instead running into blind alleys.

To say he played well shows just how far our expectations have dropped.

His tackles were well timed, passed the ball well enough, got forward and covered defensively. Made an error not clearing it properly in the build up to the Rodriguez dive.

• Like 1

Southampton fans calling us vile for booing their lad off. We were booing Halsey for being inept you Southern fairies.

Game's over, don't want to talk to think about it. Hopefully the Seahawks win tomorrow to save my weekend.

Southampton fans calling us vile for booing their lad off. We were booing Halsey for being inept you Southern fairies.

Game's over, don't want to talk to think about it. Hopefully the Seahawks win tomorrow to save my weekend.

Initially it looked like he was putting it on and the Lower North were booing him and chanting "let him die". Then they kinda realised he actually was hurt but by that time they had already committed to booing him so carried on regardless.

Edited by flamingsombrero

His tackles were well timed, passed the ball well enough, got forward and covered defensively. Made an error not clearing it properly in the build up to the Rodriguez dive.

Really?

Couple of good tackles apart (sandwiched with a head high challenge that would have given Halsey a descision had he made contact) I would swear we were talking about a different player.

'Passed well', you being serious?

....Opinions hey!

I sit in row 6 of C7...I saw his injury up close...

Their lad had a scratch on his leg, a big scratch that looked worse because it was cold...anyone who has had studs down the leg will have had it...at least it looked like that from where I was...I may be wrong

Rooney got a deep gash on his leg that bled, he stood up, pointed and said 'I'm bleeding'

In the first 80mins only when we attacked through the middle of the park did we look like we might do something.

But we had no creativity in the middle of the park so rarely did it.

This was a match with Stephen Ireland written all over it...

Gabby changed everything, he played with Conviction.

I can't understand the Bowery Substitution, nothing against him, but we needed an old head.

I thought the midfield was vacant for most of the game, we tackled well, but didn't use the space when we had the ball.

Delph did it in the second half, distributing the ball in a positive manner.

Today's loss is down to bad team selection and poor motivation. Simple!

This youth team doesn't have the killer instinct or the zip.

We needed someone that was capable of controlling a game, Ireland or to a lessor extent Banan. (Who did exactly that).

One of these two always need to be on the park.

If only Benteke has put that sitter away.....

Impressive second half I thought. So so close 4 or 5 times.

I honestly think we need a bit of luck and we'll pick up some odd results no one expects, like Anfield.

Corners, free-kicks, throws, almighty humps up the park... All towards Benteke at the back post. He wins 90% of these. Why the **** is no one standing on the edge of the 6 yard box to tap it in? Fix that please. He won about 6 today and stuck them back into a dangerous area.

In huge trouble and the quality is not there.

Confidence is a funny thing though and when it flows in our team we can cause people trouble. I'd like to see Ireland appear next week, he can pass.

Guzan, Weimann and Benteke all very good today.

Was at the game today, didn't deserve to lose and it was certainly an improvement on the last home game against Wigan. Shouldn't of lost IMO, never should of ever been a pen, Hasley (the fat word removed) making a right howler there, NO contact. Benteke missed two open goals and Baker hit the bar as well, I put Weimann as my MOTM, the lad is Villa through and through, work rate is unbelievable, fairplay to him. Need Vlaar back for Baggies away (game I'm going too) and some more protection for our two slow full backs, not sure exactly how you know or we will get slaughtered; something I don't want to see even more as its a local derby match.

Â