• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bannan (for Holman 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for N'Zogbia 62)
    • Bewery (for Westwood 78)

I'm normally optimistic and i agree cool heads are needed but i'm now worried about us. We're not getting the rub of the green at all and sometimes you need a little bit of luck to kick start things.

I've backed Lambert and Lerner but now is the time to spend. Trouble is can we attract the calibre of player required when we won't offer big bucks in terms of salaries?

Without offering top wages we won't get ready made Premier League (O'Neill type) signings, but even with our worst half season for a long time, we are only in the bottom three through goal difference and a dodgy penalty.

We need to stay behind the team and give them a bit of confidence.

Without offering top wages we won't get ready made Premier League (O'Neill type) signings, but even with our worst half season for a long time, we are only in the bottom three through goal difference and a dodgy penalty.

We need to stay behind the team and give them a bit of confidence.

Said this a week ago. The fact that we have been as bad as I think we can be and were still outside the drop zone gave me some comfort. After this week I have to say even that is gone.

We need a new midfield. I have been saying it since Milner left, but maybe if I keep saying it a new midfield will magically appear like Bettlejuice.

I've been quite glass half full through the course of the season but that team as it is is going down.

Still believe Lambert is the right guy and definitely don't see what good would come from sacking him. It is all on the transfer window now, if that centre midfield still looks the same at the start of Feb we haven't got a hope in hell.

Edited by flamingsombrero

BEEN A VILLA FAN FOR 16 **** years, never had a real reason to be( I'm 29), been taken the piss out of for what seems a lifetime for choosing Villa, most my mates and even the birds are glory hunters, I SOLD THEM INTO VILLA. Have family from Birmingham, about 15 mins from Villa Park, froze my ass off when I was 9 years old en route to the middle east and stuck in the UK. I can now say I seriously don't give a **** anymore.... Villa represents life choices, choosing the underdog with the most potential only to be let down time and time again, had the choice of SCUM or VILLA....chose Villa. FML. I'm not all the way gone, but i'm genuinely **** fed up!

Just got back. Another gutless performance. Forget what happened it the second half because it was mainly down to Southampton sitting back and defending the 1-0.

Special mention goes to the ref, what a word removed. Wouldn't let us take a quick throw in 1 yard away from where it went out, but allowed their keeper to take freekicks miles away from where the foul/offside was.

Something needs to be done now. Lambert came out in the week and pretty much said there isn't as much money as we think. I don't see this as the smoke and mirrors bollocks. We need more than a centre back and a midfielder.

I watch and play a lot of rugby, and at times like this I really do feel that football is a lightyear behind. Jay Rodriguez should be cited after that and be punished, as should everyone that makes a mockery of the game by diving. At the end of the day it is cheating, it may not change the result now but it would be a deterrent for future games. Aside from that, we can't blame our loss on his cheating. We had chances, we missed them. We were largely poor and not clinical whatsoever. We conceded only one goal and that is an improvement I suppose.

As Richard says, that result puts relegation out of our hands but it's far from over. I think we can push on and string some results together, but we need to change something tactically because it's simply not working. We also need at least two new faces in the transfer window.

I thought Bannan played well when he came on. Although it annoys me Benteke missed those chances, he is stil young and shouldn't be expected to win every game for us alone, if we and PL are pinning all our hopes on him performing well in order to get a victory then I am very worried. Weimann looked average today but I think there is plenty more to come from him.

• Like 2

Ref against us. We couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat. It really was just one of those days but unfortunately we're not in a position to have these games. Lambert going is not the answer, at this stage of the season it won't make a difference if Lerner's not willing to spend and if we survive I'm quite looking forward to next season because most of Lambert's signings have been the bright spots this season ( apart from Bennett but I still think he'll get better ).

Delph played well today but has been known to be inconsistent but Westwood looks like a top find IMO. Reminds me of carrick, just gets the ball, keeps it and the majority of the time plays it forward whilst also finding one of our players. If we can get a DM destroyer to play alongside him and an attacking midfielder or Ireland in form ( unlikely I know ) I think we would have a great midfield.

Apart from the ridiculous hesitation that led to the non-pen the defence wasn't too bad although Stevens confidence looked to evaporate after the penalty. Still think we need a new LB and CB but if we can get Vlaar back and keep him fit we could wait until the summer for one.

As stupid as it sounds considering we don't score a lot of goals but I think we line up to attacking. There were numerous times today when there 4 players upfront and the problem was when it didn't stick there was no one to pick up the second ball. I'd rather us sign a defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back 4, Westwood and Delph/bannan in front of him with Benteke up front and weimann and gabby/Holman/zog cutting in from wide.

Not optimistic - sometimes not even proud of what we serve up - but I'm 110% Villa, always have been, always will be and at times like this we have to get over the knocks and be behind them for the next game !

UTV

Weimann: 7 - An angry, angry boy - I like this.

He shows a lot of spirit, yes, and this is good.

But he's been booked 3 times in his 5 last games, at least twice for insulting the referee. This is silly and will ultimately damage the club. Someone needs to put him right in that area.

• Like 2

Another woeful result.

The clock is ticking for Lambert - personally I'd see who he buys in the transfer window as other managers can seem to get the odd gem on limited funds.

There is no doubt in my mind that the funds for Bennett, Lowton and KEH could have been spent better.

If we go out to Millwall and to Bradford then it's time to cut our losses because he's had £20m odd to spend.

Â