• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bannan (for Holman 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for N'Zogbia 62)
    • Bewery (for Westwood 78)

Lambert going is not the answer. Robbed today by poor finishing and worse officiating.

Delph motm, why can't he play like that every week? His partner in crime from tuesday Bannan did much better when he came on too.

Benteke should have scored that open goal but that aside he played okay, good knock downs etc.

Still don't think we will go down but we desperately need other results to start doing us a favour too, something which they didn't today (**** the Baggies).

Glad Westwood is back, we look better with him in midfield.

Absolutely gutted tonight and it is looking quite grim.

• Like 1

Anyone know why Holman was replaced?

Injury or "tactical"...

He was shit. Was easily the worst player on the pitch. He showed no effort today and when he doesn't put in the effort he normally does it shows how very limited he is. His passing and tracking were terrible to see.

I thought Lambert didn't do to bad on the line. He saw things weren't working and changed it as best he could. Most of the substitutions were the ones we wanted.

We should of scored at least one in this game but the finishing was shocking at times.

• Like 1

The wind will change.

The one blessing is that it's still only January. We can rebuild our confidence with a goal or two and an addition or two and we'll slowly drag ourselves out of this.

I think you are right. We desperately need a lift. A new player or two could be that lift, but I do not see it.

If we do nothing this window, I will firmly join the anti-Lerner brigade.

Lambert going is not the answer. Robbed today by poor finishing and worse officiating.

Delph motm, why can't he play like that every week? His partner in crime from tuesday Bannan did much better when he came on too.

Benteke should have scored that open goal but that aside he played okay, good knock downs etc.

Still don't think we will go down but we desperately need other results to start doing us a favour too, something which they didn't today (**** the Baggies).

Word for word, this is completely spot on for me.

Battered them second half too, best we've played since Liverpool. I guess we'll mark it down as "one of them games" but we can't afford to keep having them. When is the day going to coming where something dodgy comes our way, the officials have hated us this season.

Edited by Milfner

Did not deserve to lose that game.

Shit penalty decision, Boruc playing well and not taking our chances....

Not looking good for us at all

PL will definately say 'I can't fault the lads effort' guarenteed....

Your post pretty much agrees with what you expect PL to say?

We were utter disgrace in the first half, no bite whatsoever. Against team like Southampton we should be hassling them and taking the game at them, there wasn't a single player to take the charge. I don't think even new signings can make the difference as players looked so unmotivated in the first half, does Lambert even speak to them before the game?

Ratings:

Guzan: 6 - A couple of decent saves but didn't have that much to do. For most of the game he was a sweeper.

Lowton: 6 - Some good, some bad.

Stephens: 6 - As good as he gets.

Clark: 6 - Always looks like he's about to get caught out - didn't today.

Baker: 6 - Always looks like he's about to get caught out - didn't today.

Delph: 8 - In amongst the carnage of the last few weeks Delph has played himself into form - he looked good today.

Westwood: 6 - Busy but not creative enough.

Weimann: 7 - An angry, angry boy - I like this.

Benteke: 6 - A much better performance but still couldn't hit Birmingham with a dart from the top of the post office tower.

Holman: 6 - Buzzed about a bit - did not too much without looking great doing it.

N'Zogbia: 5 - Dribbled - did absolutely nothing whilst occasionally looking quite exciting.

Gabby: 6 - Has a clue.

Bowery: 6 - I quite like him so far.

Bannan: 6 - Not happy out wide.

Just back from VP. Poor first half and better second half. We had enough chances to win the game and probably should have and yet again we failed to convert them. Our defending was actually OK today.

The 'penalty' was a travesty, funny that Halsey is now trying to say it was a foul by Guzan when it was plain to everyone at the game that he gave it for the dive. I'd have far more respect for the bloke if he admitted his mistake but he showed yet again what a piss poor referee he is for the majority of the game. I still have not forgotten the Henri free kick of a few years ago.

We will be relegated, its that simple. Judging by Lambert's comments there will be no reinforcements coming in this window so our joke of an owner and his useless yes man are betting the whole club on some miraculous phoenix like recovery. Wake up and smell the coffee Randy you total and utter cock this side is just not good enough and I'm not entirely convinced by the manager now.

Guzan 6 - wasn't that involved

Lowton 5 - some good things but also beat once or twice

Clark 6 - didn't do much wrong

Baker 6 - didn't do much wrong

Stephens 5 - nice shot, otherwise poor

Delph 5 - was involved but generally, poor

Westwood 5 - poor

Holman 6 - looked the most likely to create something

N'Zogbia 3 - useless and far to lethargic

Weinnman 4 - unusually poor

Benteke 7 - wasn't anywhere to be seen on the rare occasion we crossed it, why? Poor decision making at times, but was a handful.

Agbonlahor 5 - didn't have an impact

Bowery 5 - not enough time

Bannan 5 - poor

I'm a support Lambert but he needs to sort this shit out before the end of this month.

Were you at the game today? I thought Westwood, Delph and Weimann were the pick of the bunch and Holman easily the worst from where i was sitting in the Lower Holte.

Now is the time for cool heads.

We played better today, particularly the second half. Better finishing could have given us at least 1 goal, which would make things look quite different this evening.

Holman was probably still feeling the effects of his virus, so maybe not up to his usual workrate. Delph looked a lot better in this game, Bannan did well when he came on.

We can be so focused on our own club you sometimes don't realise that there are problems in other teams around us, they are not all going to go on unbeaten runs and leave us behind. Southampton have a lot of tough matches coming up, so we could be above them in the next couple of weeks.

If we can find a couple of good buys to add strength to central defence and midfield, I believe we will improve in the second half of the season.

Calls for "Lerner Out" I think are misguided, he has continuously funded this club over the last few years. We could be a lot worse off than we are now.

Now is the time for a strong nerve and support for the team, as someone once said "Don't Panic"

Just think how much better, and mentally stronger these players will be next season when we survive.

Enjoy how much more exciting this season will be than mid table mediocrity, when we play Wigan away and confirm our safety we will be celebrating an achievement.

• Like 1

Now is the time for cool heads.

We played better today, particularly the second half. Better finishing could have given us at least 1 goal, which would make things look quite different this evening.

Holman was probably still feeling the effects of his virus, so maybe not up to his usual workrate. Delph looked a lot better in this game, Bannan did well when he came on.

We can be so focused on our own club you sometimes don't realise that there are problems in other teams around us, they are not all going to go on unbeaten runs and leave us behind. Southampton have a lot of tough matches coming up, so we could be above them in the next couple of weeks.

If we can find a couple of good buys to add strength to central defence and midfield, I believe we will improve in the second half of the season.

Calls for "Lerner Out" I think are misguided, he has continuously funded this club over the last few years. We could be a lot worse off than we are now.

Now is the time for a strong nerve and support for the team, as someone once said "Don't Panic"

Just think how much better, and mentally stronger these players will be next season when we survive.

Enjoy how much more exciting this season will be than mid table mediocrity, when we play Wigan away and confirm our safety we will be celebrating an achievement.

I'm normally optimistic and i agree cool heads are needed but i'm now worried about us. We're not getting the rub of the green at all and sometimes you need a little bit of luck to kick start things.

I've backed Lambert and Lerner but now is the time to spend. Trouble is can we attract the calibre of player required when we won't offer big bucks in terms of salaries?

That win at Liverpool looks a lightyear away now. What an absolute **** shambles caused by a chairman with the business sense of George osbourne a manager with zero tactical nous and zero ability to morivate players and and team that shows they couldn't give a **** if we go down. I've accepted that were going down now, and its going to be a long road back.

Pretty much how I feel about things.

Thought Delph was good today. Benteke won everything in the air but he is costing us games with his finishing.

Baker is not up to centre half at this level and never will be (this can be applied to a lot of our players actually).

Really wasn't our lucky day today. The minute Chris Foy - one of the better refs around - got sick and was replaced by Halsey we were truly ****.

It was a better second half, sparked by Weimann who, although lacking in composure, really gave it everything. What was so frustrating was the sight of us all over the opposition in the second half. Why don't they play with that passion to start with?

As for the powers that be, I can't imagine Lerner sleeping very comfortably tonight with the sight of the league table imprinted on his mind.

Â