• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bannan (for Holman 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for N'Zogbia 62)
    • Bewery (for Westwood 78)

we're not down, there's still too many points to be played for.... but we need to sort ourselves out of this mess or we will risk relegation.

And I want THAT Delph every week - fair play to him today he was cracking

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

Dreadful times. We just cannot score goals. When Southampton do the double over you, it means you are a dogshit fannyflapping bunch of freaks.

The worst part of it all will be the summer. No World Cup, no Euros, just long hard thinking about how shit we are waiting to start a new era in the Championshit. Bright Future- **** off Rudolph u mug

lambert out a better squad needed. You can say we played well but we never really looked like scoring I have no confidence in us at all. Barry Bannan I just despise.

We never looked like scoring? Except the 6 times we very nearly did you mean?

Awful chance conversion in this team. We are only above Newcastle in that stat.

Before, I said this match reminded me of the feeling before we lost 1-0 to Sunderland at home in January in the Houllier Era. And boy did that match rsemble it in so many ways for me. We just never look like threatening the other teams. It's plain as day if we do not buy, we are royally ****.

We were half decent today. But how many chances does Bwnteke need. Look if you play Gabby then play him up top NOT out wide. he hasnt scored in god knows how long as he has been asked to sit out wide. He's barely the brain to play up top let alone play wide. Delph was our best player today though we do look better with Westwood in the team. Defence for once was ok even if the lead up to the dodgy pen was mickey mouse defending. Oh and haklsey is a word removed.

That win at Liverpool looks a lightyear away now. What an absolute **** shambles caused by a chairman with the business sense of George osbourne a manager with zero tactical nous and zero ability to morivate players and and team that shows they couldn't give a **** if we go down. I've accepted that were going down now, and its going to be a long road back.

what a pathetic mess our club has become

that result along with Lamberts comments about **** all spending has confirmed it for me

we are down

Stan Collymore@StanCollymore

Can someone in authority come out and say what the plan is at Villa pls. I'm struggling to see anything other than a white flag right now.

too **** right Stan

Good try in 2nd half, but couldn't get the break. Oh, what a last minute equalizer might have done for our confidence.

Delph and Clark had good games, for the most part. Though it was ironically Delph clearing the ball into Clark which led to the penalty. Benteke - v.good at winning the ball in the air, but needed to take one of those chances. Bannan, for all the criticism he gets about set pieces, actually put in 3 or 4 very good balls in the second half. but once that one was headed onto the bar, you knew it wasn't gonna happen.

Positive thinking: in the last 4 league games we've conceded 4,3,2,1. Therefore clean sheet at WBA is guaranteed ;)

We lacked quality - especially at the back. Improved in second half and at least showed the sort of battling determination that we really need to be starting with now. Better game from Delph was a shocker for me ..... fair do's to the lad !

Lambert needs to realise now that playing a meticulous passing game is fine if you have the assets on the pitch that the likes of Chelsea have but we have inexperienced and nervy young players and we need to simplify our style and get the ball forward quicker. He needs to realise that a pass that goes more than ten yards forward is really not that bad !!!

what a pathetic mess our club has become

that result along with Lamberts comments about **** all spending has confirmed it for me

we are down

Stan Collymore@StanCollymore

Can someone in authority come out and say what the plan is at Villa pls. I'm struggling to see anything other than a white flag right now.

too **** right Stan

Stan somes it up perfectly!!!

Guzan - Good hard to comment

Delph was brilliant today.

Nathan Baker was good (apart from the Penalty shambles)

But Benteke, My word, I HATE him, doesn't work hard at all, i mean you look at Weimann who runs his socks off every game week in week out, and then Benteke strolls along SO casually, To be fair, hes a VERY good player to have to win headers, but seriously his decision making to shoot everytime and rarely pass...

We were very casual when we went behind and left it fairly late till there was a sense of urgency.

On the positive side, MASSIVE improvement in the 2nd half, and i think we might just stay up provided PL gets players in...

If we dont get anyone in January, then Im afraid i want Lambert out....

I really think that without an unreasonable amount of investment, we're going down. I would consider RDM

you'd consider RDM without investment??? Surely any manager would be in the same position with the current playing staff??

Much better display, overall, I thought... Certainly more solid with Westwood in the middle, thought the defending was much more competent - than previous games anyway.

Delph had a blinder compared to his recent form, and I think the personel who finished that game should start the next - with the exception of Bannan/Westwood...

Can legislate for being robbed though...

Still plenty of points to play for, and were not cut adrift yet...

• Like 2

Good job the Millwall game is a Friday kick off, as at this rate its something we asre going have to get used to, And as a side note., the Google nexus phone us ace. No damage after I threw it against a wall at full time and the back and bateey flew everywhere.

In before the hundred calls to sack Lambert.... a committee of Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola could not get this collection of inexperienced and frankly not good enough players to win.

I've not been a Villa fan (quite) long enough to follow a second-tier club, so for novelty's sake I'm already looking forward to next season. Cheer up, everyone.

Edit: Something about the match then. Very pleased with the second half, but we'll go down with this backline. Vlaar is much missed but, really, our fullbacks weren't up to scratch today. Puncheon had a field day.

Those 3 managers wouldnt have kept these crap players though and would have signed winners not losers like Bennett.

Â