Graphic design help on logo

ClaretMahoney

Hey VT,

I'm working on a project right now, scheduled for launch in 2014. Right now it's in it's infancy, at least in the tangible sense. Right now the website is being made and the plan is coming together. I need a bit of help with a logo to put on the website and eventually on t-shirts, pins, etc.

The plan is this, in January/February 2014 I will be driving my 1984 Chevy Camper van from Portland, Oregon, to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Others are encouraged to join me in whatever transport they have, cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles, etc. The plan is to stop at orphanages along the way and donate items to the children. This will range from art supplies to reading and writing materials, toys, footballs, english classes, music classes, you get the idea. It's not affiliated with any other project or group right now, perhaps sponsorship will come later? Sometime in the next 6 months we will have a Kickstarter made (along with video). As for now we're still working on the website and more importantly, the logo.

Below you will find a rough draft of what I was thinking. The image below was made by a friend as a rough draft and then she got busy doing other projects and couldn't invest any time into mine. Perhaps you, dear VillaTalker, can invest some time in a worth while cause? Any image you make I will of course give credit where it's due, online, etc. Below the image you will find an excerpt of edits that I was hoping my friend would do, but never did.

testnbl.jpg

Okay sooo you don't have to put the word "from" in there, you can take that out. I want the font for "Portland" to be the same as the one below...or something similar. It also needs to be more positioned to the left, so it's not "on" the continent at all...the word "to" I was thinking could be in the central pacific ocean, just to the west of costa rica's position, the word "to" can also be made smaller. You also don't need to spell "Sao Paulo", just "Paulo". You could probably move Paulo "north" a hair or two. If you take a look at the Brazilian flag, you could steal the exact shade of green, blue and yellow and use that as the color scheme. i like the red dotted trail thats pretty sweet.

Of course, if any of you have a better idea and want to show me that's cool too. I really appreciate any of you that care to help me on this project. Cheers, Up the Villa!

Pura Vida

-Mahoney

Actually, I can, since it wil be put forward in the form of a documentary, but thanks for trying to rain on my parade. The money I raise will be for gas and film equipment, thank you very much.

Try and act like I haven't done any research on this, puhlease.

Actually, I can, since it wil be put forward in the form of a documentary, but thanks for trying to rain on my parade. The money I raise will be for gas and film equipment, thank you very much.

Jesus, no need to be a word removed about it.

He was just trying to help

I hope that was meant as a joke.

Â