• N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 57)
    • Burke (for Bent 85)

Who's slating anyone? I commented on peoples reactions as 'Brilliant'.

If you weren't then fair enough but i took "peoples reactions are brilliant" to mean over-reactions, or unfounded. And there is no way they are either of those 2. Also saying that you saw an injury coming (?!) and knew we would lose to a league 2 team in an important game, just made it sound like you were putting yourself above all the frustrated fans. If that is not what you meant then, as i say, fair enough, but thats how it came across to me, hence my reaction.

It is clear you and 91% of Villa Talk is pissed off after tonight and that is acceptable.

For me its the results of December and the team displays over the last 7 games that have now made your pint glasses overflow and out pours all the frustration that's built up in this time. It is natural.

Yes, natural and understandable in this situation. If that's the case why are you still ok and positive?

There is a reason why Lambert is going to be one of the top managers in this league and now whilst in the thick of it is not the time to drive him out.

This is again the sort of future-seeing thing that i was talking about earlier. why are you so sure he will be top class? So far he's looked like a poor man's MON, the only bonus being he will go into the european market.

As a certain chairman of a football club said to the fans: WHERE ARE YOU?.. WHERE ARE YOU?.. LET'S BE A'VIN YOU!!

Never heard this quote who said it? Sorry if i am being stupid

Don't think it helps with Westwood out and KEA at the ACN as we're so poor in the middle. Bannan can't play a role that deep and Delph can't play at all. Baker was shocking, rarely seen such a lack of effort as he showed for the 2nd. Bennett getting beat for fun by a League 2 player all night long. I think we need a LB, DM and CB in Jan. I think going forward we will be okay, today was a complete fluke in terms of us scoring 1, any other day we'd have scored 5 at least. Defensively it's the same old story though, set peice defending is laughable and it's why we'll go down.

Who's slating anyone? I commented on peoples reactions as 'Brilliant'.

It is clear you and 91% of Villa Talk is pissed off after tonight and that is acceptable.

For me its the results of December and the team displays over the last 7 games that have now made your pint glasses overflow and out pours all the frustration that's built up in this time. It is natural.

There is a reason why Lambert is going to be one of the top managers in this league and now whilst in the thick of it is not the time to drive him out.

As a certain chairman of a football club said to the fans: WHERE ARE YOU?.. WHERE ARE YOU?.. LET'S BE A'VIN YOU!!

As the earlier posted said whatever you are on yer sell it outside the ground maybe all the fans will be out their heads so won't have to remember what they saw at villa park.

Lambert needs to go plain and simple. Its not just about the results its about the team hes brought in and how vunerable we look. You can all hate on mcleish but with him we never looked like we'd concede more than 4 even against the best of sides. Now weve conceded 8 and 3 against two woeful teams. You can say hes taking us a long journey F off hes brought in young players who were still finding their feet in championship/league 1 in the main so why the hell are they playing for a premier league team and one with a huge fanbase and a lot of pressure??? LAMBERT OUT

I left for work at the 66th minute, and was hoping to return here to see it finished 1-1....This has to be the worst result for Villa I've seen in my 19 years following the club. Truly embarrassing, and worse than anything McGash served up last year.

If we crash out of the Cup to Bradford, there will be red faces all around, but the threat of relegation looms larger and larger with every atrocious performance, and that would mean more than just blushes.

This season is being held together by tape and gum, and it's starting to slip away.

I rarely post on here lately, but this time I can't help but say that that has to be one of the most abject Villa performances in memory...

Bent didn't even need to head that attempt - it could have rolled off his chest and into the net. Instead he puts it over from less than 6 yards...

Bannan and Delph clearly can't play alongside each other, if at all... Ditto for Clark and Baker... WTF is Clark doing with the captain's armband anyway?

Benteke should never go near our own penalty area again...

Someone should call Warnock and tell him he has his job back... He may not be quality, but he would certainly add some grit to that "defence" - And so we can rip that shirt off Bennett and kick his arse out of our club... (BTW, at what he's getting paid, I'd have no problem with paying fans having a crack at him from the sidelines)...

Can't agree with any criticism of Wiemann, I thought he was the only player out there actually putting himself about, and getting stuck in...

If we don't win the second leg I won't be getting out of bed at 2am Sunday mornings again this season just to watch that embarassment...

Absolutely woeful...

I though CNZ looked much better, but bloody hell, didn't he waste the ball a lot?!?!

Clark looks awful at the moment. We need a new back line...I know Collins was a bit naff at times, but this is just awful...

Also, this lad who keeps getting bought on, Graham Burke...what does he bring to the table that someone like Ireland doesn't? I get the idea of youth, but he doesn't really offer much and both times I've seen him come on, I recall us conceding a further goal...but I may be wrong...

The players let us down yesterday - not Lambert.

Several players - again - had their worst games in Villa shirts including most, if not all, of the defence and, more than anyone, Delph in midfield.

It was an open game of end to end football and we were stuck with two guys in midfield who lacked any ambition or creativity and who did little more than take the ball of the defenders, run round in circles and then give it them back under pressure.

The players are letting us down here and need to shape up !

lost for words to be honest!

were listening to the same record again ..this team is not good enough

in a mad way i hope bradford go on to wembley, ffs they deserve it!

if we got to wembley we may not get new players in we NEED, the thought of going to wembley is so exciting as a fan but this team will get hammered,

what a laughing stock we would be against chelsea live on tv!

Ok, bad day at the office but this performance really stripped us bare and made it very plain for Lambert to see what he's working with. A thrashing by the champions of europe can happen to anyone but to be owned by a team 3 divisions below you is a reality check so hopefully there will be some emergency meetings going on behind the scenes with a positive outcome.

Keep your heads up lads, Bradford played out of their skins and their GK had the game of his career but I feel we will easily put 3 past them at VP, maybe more. Hopefully we will have the players in we need by the end of Jan to put up a good show in the final.

We've got to keep behind the manager and team as we are the only stable part of the club right now. If we turn on them now, when they most need us, they will sink without a trace.

VTID!

Did anyone else think Bent should have cut out the cross for their third goal? He seemed to just stand there and watch it.

bent couldn't be arsed last night, obvious right from when he came on . Poor poor attitude.

I still think that performance was a disgrace.

Their goalie pulled off top saves and if we had scored at the time before they did it would have been a different result. Still no excuse to lose like that to a fourth division team.

Why did out defence sit so deep and the midfield. There was 50 yards between Bannan / Delph and the attack. Weimann was largely anonymous, Bennett exposed from the off but the manager did nothing to correct things. Really poor.

If we had taken more than one of our many chances and their keeper had not had the best game he will ever have and our defending had not been so sloppy we would have won this one and if one or two of these things had gone the other way we would not be left with such a mountain to climb. Tranmere revisited? It could happen but I have doubts that our defence can keep the clean sheet that we may need to win this one. At best I can see 3-1 after extra time and another shoot out win but I do fear for us if we manage to reach the final and getting there without winning it is not too much fun. After this surely Randy has no reasonable choice other than to back his manager in this window?

always count on you for a sane reasonable post John

CNZ was ok, but he needs to find a final ball. How many times did he jink into the box or the edge of the area only to shoot poorly or try and take it one step too far and lose the ball?

Even right at the end he had a chance to square it and didn't

I'm actually of the opinion that going forward we were ok. Not great, and we wasted a lot of chances, but the general attacking play was alright. Compare it to Arsenal in the previous leg and we certainly created a lot more than they did.

Our problem was our defence. Bradford must only have had 7 or 8 attacks all night, and they went away with 3 goals. We looked unable to stop them.

A good CM, a CB and a LB are the priorities for January. Everywhere else is good enough to keep us in the league (I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, obviously there is everywhere). But those 3 positions are big worries.

Anyone thinking we might do a "Tranmere" needs to look at our useless **** team, then look at this:

Bosnich

Barrett

Staunton

Teale

McGrath

Richardson

Townsend

Daley

Saunders

Atkinson

Houghton

THAT'S why we beat Tranmere and won the Cup

to be fair the majority of that team (cox for teale) also lost 3-1 to tranmere too

Â