• N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 57)
    • Burke (for Bent 85)

We pissed away easy chances, it could have been 4-0 at 30 mins in.

It's the defence is fcuked, we need experience, it's quite simple.

Lambert HAS to stay, 1 transfer window and half a season is rediculous. Surely people know hiring and firing doesn't work.

He's been told to get wages down to £50mill and this is part of it. We won't be buying expensive high wage players anymore.

Early days, it's gonna be a long road. People need to see this.

• Like 3

I don't quite know what to say. Rancid shit wank **** clearing in the woods arse dick suck. I walked away from the ground amongst the Bradford fans listening to grindcore at a very unhealthy volume all the way back to the hotel. Which was a steal for £20, it's nice. I am now watching celebrity big brother, which is probably better than the match was tbf. GOOD GOD, MAN. don't think we'll do well enough to win the 2nd leg.

Course we'll win the second leg. Probably 2-1.

;) Haha, I see what you did there.

On a genuine serious point, N'Zog and Weimann were the only two decent performers tonight.

The defence needs shooting.

Edited by NulliSecundus

Absolute disgrace, no-one barring N zog, and gabby walk out there without any credit

The players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for this pathetic loss. For me all were shit but Bannan, Bennett and Delph should never wear the shirt again. Not fit to wear the shirt

And what the hell was Lambert thinking, taking off an injured Bent and bringing on a youngster burke???

None of them deserve to be paid for that tripe. I am embarassed of this team definitely the worst I have seen since i supported the club. ASHAMED

I agree on the abuse there and I fear for bennett on sat. hes a shit player but booing him is stupid. seems like the kinda kid whod burst into tears if it happened at VP. Hes not good enough but his fault he gets picked.

Woeful performance, inept to the point of embarrassing. We are now the nailed on laughing stocks of English football.

Much of the criticism sits with the defence who looked clueless a lot of the time. But in their defence they got no support from the midfield. The combination of Delph and Bannan is literally suicidal. Lets also not forget some utterly inept finishing from Gabby, N'Zogbia, Bent and Beneteke. Had we landed a couple of early goals I think we may have seen a different game but as ever we proved incapable of putting the ball in the net.

My patience with Lambert is ebbing away although I felt quite sorry for him in the post match interview. In part he was let down by his players, yet again, failing to do the basic right. Yes we have injuries but that is only part of the problem. We don't have the players in key positions and many of our much vaunted but now ageing 'kids' are simply not good enough.

Unless we spend and get the right players in we are finished in the Premier League. its that simple.

When they scored everyone just looked at each other.. Including a 35 year old Given. He didn't do anything wrong as such but he's years older than anyone else, command your area! I know he's never done it but surely he should be leading by example. I want Guzan in next game.

Beneke has cost us 2/3 goals from set pieces, he shouldn't be allowed in our box any more.

Bennet was awful, towards the end of the match, Burke came back to help him out and they still both got skinned because Bennett dived in for no reason.. he needs defending 101..

Beneke's first touch was always 5 yards away from him and because their midfielders weren't static like ours, they got the ball and moved it forward.. Bann and Delph were anonymous for 85 minutes.

Wiemann didn't get involved much, neither did Gabby.

In fact, this team doesn't know how to play 4-2-3-1, it end up being 4-2-4 with absolutely no movement because noone drops deep and there's not enough room for runs past their defence..

We literally played right into their hands, which is Lamberts fault.

I just wished we played Swansea every week because that's the only team Lambert hasn't lost against.. lol.

Not very happy after this.

Quite possibly the most humiliating month to have been a Villa supporter. I just can't believe how miserable it is starting to make me feel. If you can't feel a little confident going into a 2-leg tie against a team 3 divisions below you, then you have no business being in that tournament. And no business being in the Premier League.

We are being trimmed for the Championship - and maybe lower.

Right now, I feel pretty suicidal to be fair. Imagine that - something I love, making me feel like that. Embarrassed, angry, violent and suicidal.

An imitation of dignity... From despair, to where?

Zero spine in our team which equates to zero stability. I can see us scoring a couple of goals in the home leg...the trouble is I can see them also scoring.

We are piss poor at defending and our confidence is going to be shot to shit after that and with Southampton next at home, our players are going to be incredibly nervous and the crowd on their back. A very bad night in a very bad season so far for us.

For me, we've got to score three goals at VP to stand any chance of getting to the final

If we had taken more than one of our many chances and their keeper had not had the best game he will ever have and our defending had not been so sloppy we would have won this one and if one or two of these things had gone the other way we would not be left with such a mountain to climb. Tranmere revisited? It could happen but I have doubts that our defence can keep the clean sheet that we may need to win this one. At best I can see 3-1 after extra time and another shoot out win but I do fear for us if we manage to reach the final and getting there without winning it is not too much fun. After this surely Randy has no reasonable choice other than to back his manager in this window?

• Like 1

Â