• N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 57)
    • Burke (for Bent 85)

I thought Lambert said the players he were looking for are hungry. How hungry is it when you have players jogging casually at crucial points in the game, leading to 2 goals?

Bennett simply jogged past their player and left him all alone in front of Given for the first goal. Surely no player can be so brain dead to make such an obvious asking for trouble mistake? He didn't even have any reaction apart from a lazy offside appeal when the ball went through and the player scored.

Baker for the second goal, jogging non chalently after the ball as the ball was making its way to their player who was obviously unmarked and in prime location to put it back in. No interest or intent to pressure whatsoever. If that is his attitude to being given a chance and being in the team he should really just **** off.

Well it was a chastening evening in Bradford last night. Not much to say that hasn't been posted in this thread already. Weimann was by far our best player, at least he looked arsed. The fans were brilliant as usual. We should still win the tie but we need to practice how to defend a corner in training. I think Guzan should play, he commands his box much better than Given.

Another embarrassment this season for anyone who is associated with AVFC. Main standing out point from last night is the joke of a back four, Lowton played alright for me, Clark and Baker were like headless chickens when trying to mark someone and Bennett needs to go back on loan to Boro, he is a joke, getting abused by a League 2 winger (Wells) just embarrassing; his apology on Twitter, "Still hard to take last night! Don't mind bit of stick defo wasn't at it last night #apologies" means **** to me. Before the second leg in 13 days time, we need to bring in a new CB (or hope Vlaar is back) either Stevens or Lichaj for Bennett and someone in midfield, Bannan and Delph are probably the worst central midfield in the Premiership.

My ratings:

Given 5 - couldn't have done a lot about the goals

Lawton 4 - poor both ends of the pitch

Baker 2 - all over the place

Clark 2 - never a captain, no organisation

Bennett 2 - woeful

Bannan 0 - words can't describe how bad he is, impossible to play any worse

Delph 1 - useless, negative, same as he has been since he signed

N'Zogbia 7 - although a little frustrating, the only player who consistently caused problems

Gabby 4 - I expected a lot more

Weimann 6 - wasn't overly impressed but the goal and workrate were good

Benteke 2 - his worst game, missed a sitter and cost us the 3rd goal

Bent 3 - no worse than Benteke but that miss was the stuff of nightmares

Burke, ah what's the point

Am a devastated villa fan, will cheer on the team in the home leg, in the fa cup and in the league (VTID) but this is the worst Villa team I have ever seen and at this rate we are going down and out of both cup's at the next hurdle. The midfield is disgracefully bad and the scariest thing is that I'm not sure Lambert sees it!!!!!!

I thought at the time when we let Collins go to West Ham that would be better waiting until January making that decision.

At least Collins knew how to defend a corner and get his head to the balls.

I watched him play at West Ham on Saturday and thought that we need a player like that right now. I know a lot of fans didn't care for Collins but it doesn't take rocket science to see what we missed at Bradford.

Without a centre midfield with any hustle and guts and creativity and a back four that look like a deer in headlights things won't improve. Unlike Doncaster we have a second bite at the cherry and a chance for redemption,.

As it is right now though there are deep concerns that need to be addressed. I can't waste my time even rating what I saw. Every thing of any importance has already been posted by others.

Dean Saunders anybody ?? I'd laugh if I thought that was even funny

Just booted up Google now on my phone, noticed the Aston Villa vs Southampton card - so hit it and found it searched google for "Aston Villa Matches" - I only mention this as the search results don't list the midweek defeat anywhere. Seems like me, google have erased the game from memory =P

Â