• N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 57)
    • Burke (for Bent 85)

Lambert doesn't look like he can motivate them.

**** awful performance. We cant defend anything from anywhere on the pitch. **** that entire back 4 off and start again.

Bradford 3-1 villa. And its not a surprise.

We need to drop Bennett asap, get Vlaar or Dunne back and move Baker to LB until we sign a new and better LB. Then we need to drop Delph, and get a new defensive midfielder in who has more reach than Bilbo Baggins. And did I say drop Bennett?

And after we have done that, and preferably bought 3 or 4 more quality players in whatever position, then we need to fight for our lives for the rest of the season.

Given 5

Weimann 4

Benteke 3

Bennett -3.

The rest 2

Totally pee'd off with this Villa team, Defence is none, midfield is a joke, it seems we're punching above our weight in the prem, Lerner and Lamert need to realise this tonight, NOW else were screwed! No time for favourites any more, time to be harsh/nasty...

Baker/Clarke/Bennett see you! Bannan and Delph, see you! Get rid of these guys and replace with players that can play (I know were missing Vlaar who I like).

We're an embarrassment to Aston Villa, and those of you thinking thing we still have a chance to make it to Wembley, get a grip, we will probably draw at home...

Absolutely embarrasing tonight, did not have a clue at the back and the midfield was useless, I still think we have great chance of getting to wembley but were gonna have to play at the top of our game, I'm speechless about our defence, I'm very concerned about lamberts body language but he's still the man for us and I'm completely behind him, no way should lambert get sacked now we need a full house at villa park and roar them on in the 2nd leg, I think we will get draw at best against southampton on sat but I can see us getting beat and I've thought that all week. Gabby went off to early tonight

We need to drop Bennett asap, get Vlaar or Dunne back and move Baker to LB until we sign a new and better LB. Then we need to drop Delph, and get a new defensive midfielder in who has more reach than Bilbo Baggins. And did I say drop Bennett?

And after we have done that, and preferably bought 3 or 4 more quality players in whatever position, then we need to fight for our lives for the rest of the season.

Given 5

Weimann 4

Benteke 3

Bennett -3

The rest 2

Bennett is the worst player I've seen at Villa for a number of years and then has been a few bad ones! Clark is not commanding enough as a centre back and isn't good enough to be in the team never mind be captain!

Bannan/Delph were like crabs for most of the game - one of you has got to go forward!

On the positive N'Zog, although selfish at times, had a decent game and was an attacking

threat.

My confidence in Lambert is at rock bottom but I would give him to the end of the transfer window to see if he signs the necessary experienced defensive replacements.

Get these crap kids out of the defence and sign some leaders.

Wake up Lambert.

Really trying not to over react.

Ah screw it, that was an absolute disgrace. In my short 16 years that is the lowest of the low, even the Doncaster result.

Didn't think there was a manager who could make McLeish look good, we managed to find one.

Anyone thinking we might do a "Tranmere" needs to look at our useless **** team, then look at this:

Bosnich

Barrett

Staunton

Teale

McGrath

Richardson

Townsend

Daley

Saunders

Atkinson

Houghton

THAT'S why we beat Tranmere and won the Cup

• Like 1

I have to be honest that was laughable.

I thought we started brightly, forced a couple of good but not spectacular saves from Duke and things changed with their opening goal. There was obviously an element of luck in how it landed at their strikers feet but he still finished it well.

After that, our heads dropped due to their being no natural leader on the pitch. N'Zogbia tried to take responsibility but tried to take on too much himself.

Piss poor defending and conceding too many cheap corners destroyed us.

I was mostly disappointed with Lambert's inability to change tactics or players - why wasn't Ireland subbed on for Bent when he was injured?? Poor Burke looked like a lost lamb on the pitch - not the way to make your debut.

Our midfield was totally absent and porous - Delph and Bannan were chasing shadows and it again showed our need for an anchoring midfielder who can break up play and protect the back four. I know tonight we had minimal options to select in central midfield.

My ratings:

Given: 5. Couldn't do much about the opener. Left unprotected by poor defending.

Lowton: 5. Didn't do too much wrong tonight, looking better going forwards

Clark: 4. Poor game, caught out of position too many times.

Baker: 5. Lunged in a little too much but some decent tackles.

Bennett: 2. I know he's this months scapegoat but that was like watching Samuel all over again. Terrible performance both in attack and defence. Dives in too much, dwells on the ball and gets caught in possession.

Bannan: 4. Did ok initially but offers no support or cover to the shaky defence

Delph: 3. terrible, only made to look good by Bennett.

Gabby: 5. OK but just didn't do enough to stretch their defence.

N'Zogbia: 5. Tried to take the game to Bradford. But tried to do it all by himself.

Weimann: 5. May have scored us a lifeline but didn't offer much out wide.

Benteke: 5. Won every header in their half, missed all in our box resulting in a goal....

No point marking Bent or Burke, although Bent should have equalised with that header.

• Like 1

Â