Fifa World team of the year

Shillzz

What? part of the defence that won La Liga and won Euros, was outstanding last season.

Think too many watch Clasicos only and judge players based on that.

yeah Ramos has been very good since moving to the centre but still a walking card. spain best defender for me

Leighton Baines had a very good year, would probably put him in there ahead of Marcelo and Cashley Cole

think fact he didnt play amajor competition went against him and as much as an asshole he is Cole is a brilliant defender.

Not sure if accusations of FIFA bias are serious. I'll assume not!

Also have to disagree hugely with those who don't seem to rate Piqué. In all honesty, I think his elegance on the ball (and the fact that he plays for Barcelona) leads to some believing that he's not actually that good as a defender - often on the basis of seeing him make one or two mistakes. However, as well as being fantastic in his position with the ball at his feet, he's also a brilliant defender, in my opinion. Barça look so much more solid with him at the back. He also performed excellently for Spain at the Euros. Comparisons with our own Ciaran Clark are laughable at best.

However, I wouldn't argue against anyone suggesting he shouldn't be in the team of the year. Kompany and Chiellini, and to a slightly lesser extent Hummels, all deserve a shout, too.

Pirlo also deserves to be in there. However, Xavi and Iniesta definitely should be there, so replacing Xabi Alonso is the obvious/only option for this. Once again I wouldn't disagree with those selecting Pirlo ahead of Alonso, but the latter was massive in Real's title-winning and Barça-conquering season, as well as for Spain in the summer. Similarly, Busquets has been immense - and some may argue he should be in there over both of them - but isn't a particularly popular character. He's very underrated, too, I reckon.

Dani Alves is another who isn't popular but who is also a great player. I'm surprised to see him in there, though. I don't see as much of Juventus as I'd like, but Lichtsteiner probably wouldn't be the worst shout in the world, nor would Ivanovic. Lahm too.

Left-back is a tough one, and Cole will be disappointed. Jordi Alba, too. Marcelo did have a very good season, though.

Oh, and van Persie is an awesome striker. However, for me, Falcao is the best out-and-out striker in the world.

Dani Alves and Marcelo shouldn't be in there. Alves hasn't been near his best for a long while now. If Pique is in there then so should Alba for a fantastic euro's and brilliant start to season. Pique is fantastic at the top of his game.

Not sure who I'd pick for right back but there are more deserving than Alves.

Nothing wrong with midfield, maybe Pirlo but Alonso and even Busquets had great years so out of those three, could have been anyone. Forward wise, Maybe some prefer Van Persie or Cavani for instance but you certainly can't say one of those deserves it more than Falcao.

Edited by AVFC-Prideofbrum

What were you expecting coda?

Robert Olejnik

A 12 year old from the park

Jack Grealish

Sandro

To Madeira

Ethan Moore

Jack Wilshere

Mark Davies

Raheem Sterling

Nathan Delfouneso

Charlie Austin

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Probably a decent thread to put this into:

fflGC.png

Every Ballon d'Or winner, from Sir Stanley to Leo.

**edit**

I see Luis Suarez won it in 1960. You can probably get a trick question out of that somewhere if you are into trivia.

Edited by The_Rev

Â