Benito Carbone

Villaninoz

24 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

image.jpeg.088afc47eb0a3ae25dd2c8b7fc4e8f17.jpeg

image.jpeg.1ef6d78f2611c0592677fa11b685c848.jpeg

Did we partake in any such lazy stereotyping when we signed him?😅

We never actually did sign him full time did we, I believe John Gregory asked him what he wanted a week and then fell off his chair after Bennie replied 🤣

44 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

image.jpeg.088afc47eb0a3ae25dd2c8b7fc4e8f17.jpeg

image.jpeg.1ef6d78f2611c0592677fa11b685c848.jpeg

Did we partake in any such lazy stereotyping when we signed him?😅

I doubt it. I don't think Doug Ellis' budget would have stretched to a Pizza Hut Family Deal and a player, it would be one or the other, could never have been both. You could imagine how the conversation started... "OK John, do you want to feast like a king or do you want a new forward?"

• Haha 1

I remember having a corporate in the north stand against sheffield wednesday. He scored an overhead kick for them, and there was a sheffield fan and his little lad with us. Kids about 10 and gets proper mouthy.  Anyway, we won 2-1 me and the lad i was with (a west brom fan) were winding his dad up. The kid ended up crying.  Not sorry.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Something about AVFC players with long hair and the hairband. Makes my balls tingle. 

happy kenneth williams GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

We never actually did sign him full time did we, I believe John Gregory asked him what he wanted a week and then fell off his chair after Bennie replied 🤣

Did John Gregory not ask Deadly to sign him full time but it was Deadly who fell off his chair when he seen the figure and refused to meet the players wage demand?

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Cracking little player. We oozed class when we used to have Carbone and Merson on the pitch at the same time. 

We we're a great team.

James, Watson, Southgate, Ehiogu, Wright, Stone, Taylor, Carbone, Merson, Joachim, Dublin.

That claret and blue stripe strip we wore from that season was just as awesome as the team.

Saw him and his family at Dave and Busters in Solihull once. Gave his wee boy the few tickets I’d won. His boy seemed terrified but Benny put his hand my shoulder and said “grazie, up the villa” and wandered off. Nice bloke. 

On 14/08/2020 at 16:41, AvfcRigo82 said:

We we're a great team.

James, Watson, Southgate, Ehiogu, Wright, Stone, Taylor, Carbone, Merson, Joachim, Dublin.

That claret and blue stripe strip we wore from that season was just as awesome as the team.

I think Watson was on his way out that season and Delaney was becoming the new favourite player everyone would forget within a decade...

• 10 months later...
Â