Luis Cavanda - SSC Lazio

Mattyp_avfc

Here]http://www1.skysport...7/8385243/

Aston Villa are among those clubs keeping a close eye on Lazio defender Luis Cavanda, according to his agent.

Paul Lambert is looking to add depth to his squad during the January transfer window, and plugging holes at the back is a priority.

Cavanda is considered to be a potential target, with the Belgium U21 international having impressed in Serie A.

He is still only 21 years of age, but Villa are planning for the future and have pieced together a youthful squad brimming with potential.

They would face competition for Cavanda's signature were Lazio to agree to a sale, with a number of other sides having also expressed an interest in a player who is under contract until 2014.

Cavanda's representative Ulisse Savini said: "I'll meet Lazio to talk about Cavanda next week. We want to plan his future.

"There are no official offers for him right now, but it is pleasing to know that he is liked.

"There are a lot of clubs who have put the spotlight on him. Aston Villa, for example, are following him with interest."

Edited by TrentVilla

Whoever wrote his wikipedia is giving him the hard sell anyway :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Pedro_Cavanda

2012-13 Season is Cavanda's year to shine. Having played regularly in Serie A and in the Europa League, Cavanda has cemented his spot as a first choice to Konko. playing both right (predominantly) and left back, making him a very versatile full back. Cavanda has matured under new coach Vladimir Petkovic and become an important player in Lazio's squad.
  • Like 1

It's worth mentioning that so far this season (according to WhoScored.com) he has played:

Right Back

Appearances: 6

Average Rating: 7.19

Left Back

Appearances: 6

Average Rating: 7.07

So he seems equally adept at playing LB as RB (albeit based on only a small number of appearances.

Other Stats:

Pass Completion: 86.6%

Clearances per game: 3.5

Interceptions: 2.1

Tackles: 2.9

Key Passes: 0.6

Dribbles: 0.8

depends how you want to look at things...

lowton is main RB, but lichaj isnt very good, so could do with a better back up RB

or...

stevens is a good back up LB, bennett makes a better LW as is cr ap at LB, so we need a starting LB

swings and roundabouts

I think we could do with cover for Bennet & Lowton to be honest. Bennet seems a little injury prone and Eric Lichaj just isn't good enough.

What about making Bennett and Lowton the covers? They are young and need time to develop, to avoid a good display being followed by a completely woeful one. None of Bennett/Lowton are very good, and even though Lowton has been more stable he is hardly good enough for where we want to be. I don't know, it's hard to read posts on here when every player we have seems to be given acceptance and we find ourselves in a relegation battle after 20 odd games.

I follow lazio, maligned under 23 player up until this year. (sounds familiar)

Performs quite well in big games and makes fewer and fewer mistakes the more games he plays.

Super quick, assisted equaliser in italian cup game recently.

probably unneccesary for villa tbh.

unlikely that lazio would consider selling. lazio are undefeated in since nov, finished top of europe league group, are 2nd in the league behind juventus only... why would they sell one of their only good youth prospects?

• Like 1

This would make sense to me in the summer, I just think there's more important positions to focus upon. Unless he's going to go back to 3 at the back and use him there. I just can't see this happening.

^This.

There are more obvious problem areas that need to take priority.

Â