Italy

LancsVillan

On 24/11/2018 at 18:01, sharkyvilla said:

Pisa is the biggest shithole I've ever stayed in and put me off going back to Italy really.  I really need to give the country another chance though.

Yep, it’s not great. Were you in Pisa the whole time? Lucca is about half hour from there and much nicer. Florence obviously amazing and about an hour from there. Siena less than two hours away also a lot more interesting. Pisa is maybe good for an hour if it’s not too busy to see the tower but that’s kind of it.

8 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Yep, it’s not great. Were you in Pisa the whole time? Lucca is about half hour from there and much nicer. Florence obviously amazing and about an hour from there. Siena less than two hours away also a lot more interesting. Pisa is maybe good for an hour if it’s not too busy to see the tower but that’s kind of it.

From what I remember, as I've expunged a lot of my memories from that holiday, we stayed in Pisa for three nights and spent a day in Florence as like you say it's only an hour by train.  I wish we'd done it the other way round and stayed in Florence and travelled to Pisa to see the tower.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just booked a villa in Tuscany for a week in July for my family and another couple, in the Chianti Classico region near Siena.  Will definitely visit Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti while we're there, as I've been there before and loved those places.  We'll then head to Florence for a couple of days and then Rome for a couple of days before heading home.   Anyone have any recommendations either around Chianti Classico or Rome?   I've been to Florence and know what I want to show others, but would welcome advice on a place to stay  there for 3 nights.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/02/2019 at 05:00, il_serpente said:

Just booked a villa in Tuscany for a week in July for my family and another couple, in the Chianti Classico region near Siena.  Will definitely visit Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti while we're there, as I've been there before and loved those places.  We'll then head to Florence for a couple of days and then Rome for a couple of days before heading home.   Anyone have any recommendations either around Chianti Classico or Rome?   I've been to Florence and know what I want to show others, but would welcome advice on a place to stay  there for 3 nights.   

In Rome you should consider booking airbnb in trastevere. Great part of the city. But I am sure RomaVillan will have better recs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Never been but looking at going this year. 
Thinking of doing. Fly into Naples, couple nights there, and visit Pompeii on a day trip. There head down to Sorrento/Capri for a few days relaxing. Over to Rome to see the sites, and then getting the train up to Lake Garda to finish off for a few days, before flying home from Florence.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So got ours booked up. 

Fly to Naples, where we’ll do Pompeii. Then getting a train to Rome, few days there and then up to Florence. Then booked a lovely hotel with a private beach right on Lake Garda. Fly out towards the end of May.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Â