accident advice

Jimzk5

I guess in this sort of situation it's a good idea to whip the camera phone out, take photos of the cars, the impact zones, the surrounding area, the inside of the other car if you can (to show there are no people in there) - suppose it helps, but like Juju says, if it's cheaper/easier for the insurance company to just settle and bump everyone's premiums a bit, then it's probably quids in for the lying scum. Would be good if the piolice took an interest and tried to prove that the other passengers couldn't possibly be in that car, then throw the book at the fraudsters, but it'll probably get dismissed as a 'civil matter'... even though it is not.

I guess in this sort of situation it's a good idea to whip the camera phone out, take photos of the cars, the impact zones, the surrounding area, the inside of the other car if you can (to show there are no people in there)

I'd just record everything.

It's easy enough to discretely record video on a phone these days that situations like this shouldn't be an issue.

Hard for someone to claim that there were 5 people in the car when you have footage of the driver getting back in and driving off on his tod.

Â