Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

First goal is vital, I know its bradford but against ipswich we conceded because we couldn't defend a single player running at us and nearly conceded straight after again, we have the strength of a cobweb since the chelsea mauling and bradford have a lad up front nahki wells that loves running at defences, if we concede early to a league 2 club away from home it wouldnt surprise me if we conceded more.

Edited by Jimzk5

Bradford have lost 2 and drawn 1 of their last 3 games.

Just read a statistic though:

"This is Villa's 14th participation in the semi-finals. They have never progressed to the final after failing to win the first leg of a semi-final"

I think BBC have got that wrong though? Tranmere 94? We lost the first leg but won the second and got to the final.

was in the middle of quoting this when you corrected it I think, It sems to have caused some delay in posting my response,

The facts are even more at odds with the BBC's representation of them, we've only ever won 2 first leg games, both finals we progressed to we lost btw (in 1963 and 2010), other fisrt legs we failed to win yet progressed that i can remeber are 2-2 with Arsenal in 96, 3-1 loss to Tranmere in 94, 0-0 with QPR in 77 and 2-2 with Chester City in 75. Our record of first legs is Won 2, Lost 4, Drawn 7 with eight finals to show for them

Just realised what a massive game and opportunity this is for us. Winning and getting to the final would be massive in terms of confidence and development for our team. They're going to be well up for it, I just hope our boys match their effort, if we do that then we have the quality to win this.

was in the middle of quoting this when you corrected it I think, It sems to have caused some delay in posting my response,

The facts are even more at odds with the BBC's representation of them, we've only ever won 2 first leg games, both finals we progressed to we lost btw (in 1963 and 2010), other fisrt legs we failed to win yet progressed that i can remeber are 2-2 with Arsenal in 96, 3-1 loss to Tranmere in 94, 0-0 with QPR in 77 and 2-2 with Chester City in 75. Our record of first legs is Won 2, Lost 4, Drawn 7 with eight finals to show for them

Yea I read the fact, sat down at the dinner table and proceeded to unfold to dad my omniscient knowledge about football. Only for him to tell me I was wrong. derp. I quickly realised the error of my ways when I thought of Tranmere. To be fair though I was only born in 94 so I couldn't remember much!

Maybe BBC to give a bit of confidence to Bradford? I dunno

The Bradford keeper was on talksport earlier with Bluenose Danter.

Was playing the game down saying they'd not really given it too much thought up to now , then went on to say they'd be happy coming to villa park still in the contest.

Just realised what a massive game and opportunity this is for us. Winning and getting to the final would be massive in terms of confidence and development for our team. They're going to be well up for it, I just hope our boys match their effort, if we do that then we have the quality to win this.

It's even bigger for sentimental reasons as the players have already said they want Petrov to lead them out at Wembley. They aren't just playing for a final they are playing to give Petrov the best send off imaginable, yes the confidence boost is great but we need to get to the final.

Be nice to see Petrov lifting the trophy for us. If we did get Chelsea just have to hope they underestimate us after that xmas horror show

If we get chelsea in the final it will be the highest ever winning margin at wembley

after looking up a few facts, hopefully we can take a little hope from the fact we've had 19 league cup ties against fouth division clubs, we've never failed to progress and have scored 95 goals at an average of 5 per tie (or 3.5 goals per game over the 27 games these 19 ties have taken place over), In fact we've never failed to score in the league cup against a fouth divsion side, Hopefully these facts will bring a little settling effect on this thread (well until someone mentions runs are made to be broken)

The Bradford keeper was on talksport earlier with Bluenose Danter.

Was playing the game down saying they'd not really given it too much thought up to now , then went on to say they'd be happy coming to villa park still in the contest.

Yeah I was listening to that, along with the new feature 'the daily bluenose' funny stuff.