Villa v Bradford home tickets

seanireland

I think that the current state of ticket prices is worrying for the future of our clubs in England. If attendances continue to go down then it'll affect the next generations of fans coming through the gates. Agree with what a previous poster said about TV revenue going up (if we're still in the PL) and how that should result in cheaper tickets. But it won't.

The fans are the lifeblood of any club. There are what, say 3,000,000 people within 30/40 miles of Villa Park? We should sell out week in week out but it is ridiculously expensive and the fact that players are paid so much really pisses me off. Especially when the average person has to work their bollocks off to just get by in life. This isn't a dig a Villa, more a dig at the PL. Totally agree with a previous poster - if you've got to choose between a night out/gig or something or football then football can't always win, especially when the model is flawed in so many ways.

Something has got to give. If we could find a medium of fair ticket prices (like in Germany with standing back as well) with player wages/tv revenue then we'd be far better off on and off the pitch IMO. The atmosphere would be superb and that could translate into better results. The fans would be spending money on pies/drinks/merchandise etc so increased revenue there.

Even if the people in charge at AVFC wanted to do something along these lines they wouldn't be able to act alone. We'd need all the clubs to work together to make it happen.

German football is so much better than the Premier League. Cheaper, more fans, standing, awesome atmosphere (atmosphere at Villa Park and many other grounds is an embarrassment and exciting football (not always the same winners and top 4).

Anyway sorry this is the Bradford City ticket thread. The atmosphere will be great tomorrow, shame it's only once every few years.. UTV

I think that the current state of ticket prices is worrying for the future of our clubs in England. If attendances continue to go down then it'll affect the next generations of fans coming through the gates. Agree with what a previous poster said about TV revenue going up (if we're still in the PL) and how that should result in cheaper tickets. But it won't.

The fans are the lifeblood of any club. There are what, say 3,000,000 people within 30/40 miles of Villa Park? We should sell out week in week out but it is ridiculously expensive and the fact that players are paid so much really pisses me off. Especially when the average person has to work their bollocks off to just get by in life. This isn't a dig a Villa, more a dig at the PL. Totally agree with a previous poster - if you've got to choose between a night out/gig or something or football then football can't always win, especially when the model is flawed in so many ways.

Something has got to give. If we could find a medium of fair ticket prices (like in Germany with standing back as well) with player wages/tv revenue then we'd be far better off on and off the pitch IMO. The atmosphere would be superb and that could translate into better results. The fans would be spending money on pies/drinks/merchandise etc so increased revenue there.

Even if the people in charge at AVFC wanted to do something along these lines they wouldn't be able to act alone. We'd need all the clubs to work together to make it happen.

German football is so much better than the Premier League. Cheaper, more fans, standing, awesome atmosphere (atmosphere at Villa Park and many other grounds is an embarrassment and exciting football (not always the same winners and top 4).

Anyway sorry this is the Bradford City ticket thread. The atmosphere will be great tomorrow, shame it's only once every few years.. UTV

totaly agree their pal, like I've said villa are pretty fair with prices compared to most but the prem league is so money orientated its a joke, tomoz night will be like villa park used to be,come on villa

Yes.

It was fine about an hour ago but does now appears to be down. There's still a few left, but they are all single seats - none together.

Only need one.

Every time I check out a basket now it comes up with an unknown error.

Have to ring in the morning and hope they'll still sell me one. Haven't got time to queue tomorrow night.

Agree, but I have gone into other Kop ends before & not been quiet either but I was friendly even when someone was getting upset at me cheering.

Going in the home end and cheering your own team? Not gonna be a fun night for this guy regardless of the result.

Begs the question why they have chosen the holte over other parts of ground, they could maybe have a hassle free night in doug ellis or trinity road but in the holte especialy on a night like tonight it ay gonna be nice for them to say the least, if any of their hooligan element are in the holte then we all know what's gonna happen

Spare ticket in lower Holte - L4 tonight. £29 (face value). PM me if interested.

I have the ticket in hand at the moment. Unlikely to be around VP until just before the match - probably around 10 mins or so before kickoff.

Bah. Bought one for £38 in the Trinity about the same time you posted that :(

Â