Villa v Bradford home tickets

seanireland

From my experience the lower holte ay nowhere near as good as the upper holte but with this being a big game I imagine the lower holte will be rocking as well, normaly it can be very quiet in lower holte and as someone else said people tend to sit which puts me right off, I really hope their ay many bradford fans in the holte because its taking the piss and some of them are gonna end up getting smacked(does not mean by me), especialy if we lose or end up goin out it could get ugly, but we ay gonna lose and we ay gonna get knocked out...wembley here we come

Bet you'll be one of the first to moan if you miss out for a ticket at Wembley though (obviously assuming we get there)

I wouldnt mind going to the final but ive been to two matches at new wembley and the tickets are rip offs and the atmosphere of the new ground is gash. A lot cheaper to watch at home :D

What is it with you and money?

Modern football aint cheap Im afraid pal.

I just think its ridiculous id pay £30 for villa v arsenal when you can have a season ticket for one of the best teams in the world bayern munich for under 150 pound full adult. I just feel sorry for fans who go every week and are bankrolling these players who do little or nothing for this club and a vast amount who are totally woeful.

• Like 1

I just think its ridiculous id pay £30 for villa v arsenal when you can have a season ticket for one of the best teams in the world bayern munich for under 150 pound full adult. I just feel sorry for fans who go every week and are bankrolling these players who do little or nothing for this club and a vast amount who are totally woeful.

Agree with this. Villa are not at fault it's just because we are part of the Premier League. The Bundlesliga model is the one to follow but nothing will change because the Premier League generates so much money...unless the fans took action...ie stopped buying tickets/sky subscriptions.

• Like 1

Agree with this. Villa are not at fault it's just because we are part of the Premier League. The Bundlesliga model is the one to follow but nothing will change because the Premier League generates so much money...unless the fans took action...ie stopped buying tickets/sky subscriptions.

Yes it nearly happened in 2006 or 2007 when attendances dropped. It annoys me when people on these forums and in general think they are better fans as they attend matches. A lot of people can't afford to or would prefer to spend their money on things they know they will be satisfied with. For me at the moment it is spending money on a night out with friends or a woeful Aston Villa team the first option wins every time.

You staying at home watching on sky is doing more to bankroll the players than the fans who go to the games. A lot more money in TV rights than ticket sales.

• Like 2

No doubt it would be much more enjoyable as well as better value watching them every week.

Unfortunately, the Premier League is what it is, feels like you are having a dig at Villa when they cannot charge any less than what they do already to be competitive in the league we are in.

Yes it nearly happened in 2006 or 2007 when attendances dropped. It annoys me when people on these forums and in general think they are better fans as they attend matches. A lot of people can't afford to or would prefer to spend their money on things they know they will be satisfied with. For me at the moment it is spending money on a night out with friends or a woeful Aston Villa team the first option wins every time.

I think people who go to games are better fans than those who have the means but choose not to.

What is it with you and money?

Modern football aint cheap Im afraid pal.

Think you've answered your own question there - it's (tickets, including some of the cup tickets) too expensive. That's an entirely valid complaint IMO, and people who choose not to go have every right to say so and say why.

...it's just because we are part of the Premier League. The Bundlesliga model is the one to follow but nothing will change because the Premier League generates so much money...unless the fans took action...ie stopped buying tickets/sky subscriptions.

I agree, though away attendances for all clubs pretty much are down, with the odd exception. The likes of SUnderland, Newcastle Villa Everton and so on used to take many more fans more regularly on away trips, but numbers are down. It'll spread to home fans too.

Unfortunately, the Premier League is what it is, feels like you are having a dig at Villa when they cannot charge any less than what they do already to be competitive in the league we are in.

I know what you mean, but you needn't feel that way. It's a fair point of view, and one shared by many. Anyway what's wrong with saying "I don't like this"? We almost have a duty to tell them. They could charge less. Clubs are going to get a whacking great increae in TV money -some of that could be used to set more reasonable ticket prices across the board. But it won't be.

I think people who go to games are better fans than those who have the means but choose not to.

So do I and I'm choosing not to more often these days. Someone who goes hone and away is a better supporter, IMO by dint of their presence, commitment, money and vocal support and so on. Not a better person, or more entitled to their view, or anything like that, but they give more support - financial and encouragement wise. I stuggle to see why that should be controversial. There are lots of better supporters than me. What's the problem, basically?

That siad I have a ticket for the game and will travel down, snow permitting, to give it my all. It' be nice if the ground was full and all tickets sold.

Â