Joleon Lescott - Man City

honest_bertie

**** me, Im sure people are aware its not realistic but were discussing how much of a great signing it would be, and commenting on speculation. Piss off with your it aint happening posts, your not making bold statements, its pretty obvious its a big ask.

Christ, not even allowed to talk about speculation now.

**** me, Im sure people are aware its not realistic but were discussing how much of a great signing it would be, and commenting on speculation. Piss off with your it aint happening posts, your not making bold statements, its pretty obvious its a big ask.

He'd probably be decent for 18 months. But long term it would be a poor move

Say £10m in fee + £25m in wages. Very much NO overall. A 6 month loan would be ideal.

I agree, the money being speculated makes it less appealing. Although I have no doubts he could play for longer than 18 months. That being said IF he did wish to come, we wouldnt be offering the money that is being quoted. I just find it daft that you have people coming on a thread to just post " it aint happening".

Its hardly a big shout, its adding absolutely nothing and goes against everything I believe being a football fan should be about. Hope.

God forbid we want something good to happen to the club.

You can have hope and be realistic.

A defender similar to his quality would be great for us this season, not usually a fan of loans but bringing him in on loan wouldn be great.

Lescott might want to leave Citeh with the World Cup 18 months away. Mancini doesn't seem to rate him that highly these days. I thought Everton was a more likely destination but they're skint.

Rob Harris@RobHarris

Lescott spokesman: "Despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs, Joleon has no desire to leave Manchester City"

Beat me to it.

and Also:

Rob Harris@RobHarris

Lescott spokesman: "Lescott has ruled out the possibility of any loan move during the January transfer window..Joleon has no desire to leave"

Edited by HalfTimePost