Joleon Lescott - Man City

honest_bertie

He feels he has an axe to grind with Villa over the treatment of his brother. Or so the story goes.

That doesn't make a great deal of sense though, presuming we are talking about Aaron. Villa sold Aaron on to Sheffield Wednesday at the age of 21 for £100,000 and he went on to play for the likes of Stockport County and Bristol Rovers. He went on to achieve 300 or so appearances but never looked like stepping up to top level, therefore vindicating the decision made by Villa to sell him. Seems like a pretty standard story of a lower league player and something that was fair on all concerned.

There could be something else that went on, but certainly in terms of the opportunities that Villa gave him and the way they let him go for a minimal fee, there doesn't seem too much for him to complain about.

Edited by AndyClarke

fingers crossed..top player,looks like city manager dont fancy him this year.. i guess city owes us a few quid with milner so we take the player..who knows! better than what we have thats for sure so great new for avfc

Granite faced Ron Saunders lookalike Pat Murphy from the BBC has just kayboshed this rumour. Wading in with said tweet:

Understand no chance of Joleon Lescott joining @AVFCOfficial this month.Believe he hasn't been discussed by Lambert & Lerner,who would prefer permanent deals rather than loans

zat knight is a boyhood supporter as well, look how that turned out

Pretty well I'd say. We signed him for 3.5 mill, he gave us 2 good years, never gave less than 100% and we then sold him for 4 mill.

Edited by markavfc40

would have said definite no to this until i saw lambert interview today when he had a little smirk when mentioned his name and then went into Arry mode calling him a top top player.

am sure was similar reaction 2 years ago when Bent rumour 1st turned up

I have some inside info. Professional footballers don't take +50% paycuts to go play for a team they supported as a child especially when they are still a first team regular with the reigning champions.

It's just delusional to think this has any legs.

I have some inside info. Professional footballers don't take +50% paycuts to go play for a team they supported as a child especially when they are still a first team regular with the reigning champions.

It's just delusional to think this has any legs.

Firstly, he isnt a regular for City any more. Kompany and Nastasic are the CB pairing.

Secondly, as stated by posters above, City regularly subsidise players wages when they sell them.