Joleon Lescott - Man City

honest_bertie

Mancini has already said he won't let him go, with toure at the acn there already a cb down. This just won't happen.

However, when it was clear they were knocked out of CL, it had been said that Lescott would have the chance to move on in January. Surely they won't try and look to desperate to sell him off, just like Lambert won't openly go out to the press and make it seem like we are desperate to sell Bent off.

Edited by LockStockVilla

And I think they will, and most likely, whatever team he goes to they will have to pay him off to offset lower wages he will receive. Two of the main teams linked with him so far are Everton and Villa, and common sense tells me we could gazump them on both wages and fees, making us the more attractive offer from City's perspective, assuming Lambert is interested. Also, Lescott did not quite leave Everton on the best of terms when he forced the move from there.

this has got to be the worst made up rumour ever, we all know the media are rubbish at making rumours as they never get their facts right, but who came up with this turd?

so many factors for this not happenin...

- hes 30, so not under the age of 23

- hes 30, so has experience, were no longer buying players with that credential

- hes on way too much money that us minnowers could never afford, even a percentage

- he wont ever come back to birmingham due to that story about him being threatened to have his knees blown off

- mancini has stated that he has around a douzen players out at the moment through injury and soon acon, so needs every body in

- there was more but i cant afford them

Would love to see this happen. Exactly what we need.

Same. Whether its realistic or not, this is the exact signing that would be put us on the right track. A quality defender, who would undoubtedly have the hunger to do well for us, what bigger motivation can you have than to play and help your boyhood club through a difficult period and be part of the transformation into a better side in the long term. Oh and he has the one thing that has caused an outrageous amount of debate on this site. Experience, experience in the premiership at various levels, challenging for Europe, challenging for Champions League, Challenging for the title and experience Internationally. I always thought he looked good for England in recently.

I dont buy into the reliance on Experience, quality of the player is the important thing but more often than not experienced players have the mental skills and leadership qualities that are integral to high performance. I think if there is a position where we need a little more experience, it would certainly be in defense.

Not going to happen, not worthy of a thread as it just gets up false hope And ultimately disappoint.

Can you give the CI seal of approval to all speculation threads so I dont get my hopes up please. Considering the wide spread of sources it is worthy of a thread regardless of how realistic it is. One of the best things about being a football fan is the excitement and hope, it comes part and parcel with disappointment but I wouldnt change it for the world.

If we are ever in for a good player I can presume you will just state the topic is unworthy ?

Edited by SuperJonno

I will say though, this is usually a move that could happen on the last day, providing city get a replacement in first. Of courselescott would be a massive boost for us but ultimately I can't see this going through unless city sign someone first, or the could do a swap with Hutton?

Even tho players had clubs they supported when young, I really doubt it influences their decision what club they will join.

Whenever he scored past us he always kissed his badge anyway, wtf is that all about?

Would like him, would be great with Vlaar.