Weekends football FA Cup 3rd Round 5/6Jan

andykeenan

Really the FA Cup is ruined by the ITV and ESPN coverage. Absolutely crap.

I've reverted to the radio for today's games. Look forward to the draw but think we will get United sadly.

Really the FA Cup is ruined by the ITV and ESPN coverage. Absolutely crap.

I've reverted to the radio for today's games. Look forward to the draw but think we will get United sadly.

This. Itv should not be allowed to broadcast football, if you think motd is bad watch there show from last night, and then they bang on about the magic of the cup, giant killings etc and choose to broadcast a all premier league tie.

this stage of the fa cup is a bit tripe, with all the lower league pub teams in it, makes the cup seem amaturish at first

yawn

If only there were a competition where only Premier League and Football League teams could compete for a cup without all these pesky pub teams. A sort of Premier and Football "league cup", if you like.

• Like 1

ITV football broadcasts are even worse than broadcasts in Finland, and that's saying a helluva lot about how good ITV is.

i was saying the same yesterday, well not he same as I said nothing about Finland but I did say how shite itv football coverage was

ITV's coverage is awful.

I think I hate MOTD more purely because they persist in keeping the likes of Shearer, Hansen and Lawrenson on our screens, who are totally shit, and pay them crazy money. However, the actual coverage of the football is far superior to that of ITV.

Another cracking header from James Collins. He has done very well since going back to West Ham. Certainly a snip for them at 2.5mill.

i take it you havent seen any of his defending like when he gave reading 3 points last week

Everyone loves a Giant killing, its part of the FA Cup :)

but their was no real giant killings really yesterday. Newcastle played reserve team and Brighton were favourites in bookies before game, think cardiff played reserves as well. only one is probably Luton.

the FA Cup is nearly as badly overhyped as Champions League

They are happening less and less though these days.

I wouldn't say that - a few lower league teams have had great cup runs in recent years, Crawley in the FA Cup last year and obviously Bradford in the League Cup this year.

Just on yesterday's results, I personally would consider the following results as 'cup upsets'

Macclesfiled 2-1 Cardiff

Luton 1-0 Wolves

Brighton 2-0 Newcastle

Notts Forest 2-3 Oldham

Not forgetting Bournemouth are taking Wigan to a replay (along with a few other credible draws)

The FA Cup is still very much important and upsets are still there to be had

Â