Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

omariqy

In my opinion we could do WITHOUT an FA Cup run this season. We're not gonna win it, we could do without the extra games with our ridiculous injury list + ridiculous squad size risking further depletion.

We already look likely to have a Wembley trip this year, lets not be greedy now. We need to concentrate on the league. That being said, think we'll do em 2-0

with no new signings and a possibility of injured players returning i'd go with a starting XI of

..................Guzan

Lichaj.Lowton.Clark.Bennett

............Delph.Bannan

..Albrighton.Ireland.Holman

.................Bowery

Subs: Given, Herd, Carruthers, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Bent

On Siegrist - I have not seen his name on any team sheets for U21s or U18s (although i'm pretty sure he is over 18 now?) for pretty much the whole season. The lad Hill seems to be playing in goal for them, and the Next Gen games too. Got a great write up in in the last programme. Is Benji injured? Quite certain I wouldn't have missed it if he had left the club.

Edited by hogso

i think this will be a thorough, unrelenting ass pounding. 3-1 to the trcator boys. McArthy has got them working their socks off ATM

They lost 3-0 at home three days ago.

We will almost certainly never see Villa win the league within any of our lifetimes, so as far as I'm concerned the cups offer us a chance to see some success for the claret and blue boys. Even when we were doing well under MON, it was clear that we were never going to surpass 4th or 5th in the league, the cups games however (LC final, FA semi) gave us the opportunity to have some genuine success we can all enjoy.

Therefore, I REALLY want us to win this game.

Need to win this to boost morale before a tricky away trip on Tuesday. Remember our young players have taken several batterings in the past two weeks and putting a few goals past Ipswich can only do good for their confidence.