Your favourite and least favourite UK politician

PauloBarnesi

What a simple defence of the status quo it would be, if you could require everyone to swear an oath of fealty and stand by it, and any opposition automatically disqualified if it didn't abide by this convention.

But if you think about that, it requires an opposition to take up arms, because violence becomes the only way of advancing your cause. If the House of Windsor wish to tread that path, I'm sure we can cope with it. They may have second thoughts when they see the gallows tree, though.

Pity you've been largely disarmed, then.

What a simple defence of the status quo it would be, if you could require everyone to swear an oath of fealty and stand by it, and any opposition automatically disqualified if it didn't abide by this convention.

Things can change. MPs once had to swear loyalty to the Church of England, thus neatly excluding Catholics. It was fought, and it was changed.

The Queen bollocks should be next to go. Won't happen for a while, I know, but it should.

Strange, but I logged into this thread to post Dave Nellist as my favourite. I always hated Betty Boothroyd because she took up the Speaker's job (and therefore lost her voting rights) at a time when the Tories had a wafer thin majority...but it has to be the Grantham Gargoyle.

Didnt he give a lot of his salary away & managed to exist on about £8k ? This was a few years ago mind. MP for somewhere in Cov if I remember rightly.

As for MPs i can stand - Keith Vaz..........oily, smarmy creepy wannabe.

The man is superb as a local MP mate. Where abouts in Derbyshire are you then, can't be a million miles away from us (I know some may say that is not always a good thing) :-)

I'm in Shuttlewood, between Bolsover and Clowne. Are you in the Chesterfield region?

• 5 months later...

Tom Watson is a good bloke, I used to enjoy arguing with him before he went all big time.

Baroness Warsi seems like the worst kind of politician.

Tom Watson is a good bloke, I used to enjoy arguing with him before he went all big time.

TW blogged about how he took his kid down the Baggies.  I should think that comes under the heading of "cruel and unusual punishment".

Agree about Arsi.

Do you mean a Tory?

• Like 1

Do you mean a Tory?

An unelected politician, in an unelected government?
  • Like 1

I think he's widely despised as an odious prick by anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

He believes in one of the many versions of the bible. Who voted for someone that believes in fairy tales? And who gave him the ministry of indoctrination?

• Like 1

What do you do when your local MP is a tory, but is actually really helpful? The current guy is conservative, not my natural party of choice what with all being evil self serving scammers. However, he's currently working flat out to help with a real wide range of local issues and genuinely appears to be getting stuck in and representing people and giving individual advice and pushing local causes.

Previous incumbents of red and blue have got voted in, gone to London, and reappeared shortly before the next election.

I would find it genuinely difficult to vote conservative, but on a personal level, the current conservative is working harder for this area than anyone else in my years of experience.

For genuinely difficult, i think I've got to be honest and say it just couldn't happen, I don't believe I could physically do it. But I could not vote against him, I guess. He'd be happy with that I'm sure.

I think he's widely despised as an odious prick by anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

and what about your opinion of him then  ......

Well obviously, he's despised as an odious prick by anyone with a HIGH level of intelligence.

• Like 4

Â