• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Herd
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Holman (for Stevenes 68)
    • Bannan (for Westwood 80)
    • Bowery (for Albrighton 85)

While I was gutted when their 2nd went in we really didn't deserve all 3 points. I thought the penalty was very fortunate but justice in some way for Pikachu or whatever his name is maiming Westwood and getting away scot free.

Weimann was doing my head in before he scored. Playing for free kicks and behaving petulantly - the he scores out of nothing and gets his head in the game.

After a criminal effort in the first 30 minutes I thought Herd & Clark deserve a bit of credit for really digging in and showing some desperation for the first time in a few games.

Benteke won pretty much every header on offer and was probably our best player, just shading Weimann and Westwood.

Delph cops a pasting or two on this board but I thought he really put in a shift today. He and Westwood did what our midfield had been neglecting for the past 3 matches - hassling the opposition midfielders.

Read the BBC Sport report on this game, and check the comments below.

"tony1965" thinks Villa fans are obnoxious and a waste of oxygen. He also says he's not a small heath fan.

Why troll a message board comment section about a team you despise? what a prick

Read the BBC Sport report on this game, and check the comments below.

"tony1965" thinks Villa fans are obnoxious and a waste of oxygen. He also says he's not a small heath fan.

Why troll a message board comment section about a team you despise? what a prick

Probably making up for the 1-0 loss at home to Cardiff today :D

Not sure you can credit us with stopping the rot.

It sounded like the only reason it wasn't another embarrassing hammering was the poor finishing by Swansea in the first 20 minutes.

Ultimately a good point but another performance that makes me worry.

They were singing "One Paul Lambert" at the Hawthorns today. They conceded the winner while they were singing it. :)

**** hell how obsessed and small time can they get?

Not sure you can credit us with stopping the rot.

It sounded like the only reason it wasn't another embarrassing hammering was the poor finishing by Swansea in the first 20 minutes.

Ultimately a good point but another performance that makes me worry.

We stopped the rot because we scored 2 goals (we scored 0 in the previous 3 games) and came away with a point (we got 0 from the previous 3 games).

On reflection very pleased with the point, although annoying to lose a stoppage time goal, they could have been out of sight early on.

At least Benteke and Weimann looked dangerous again in the second half (and at the end of the first half).

I have to see even if we are shit in midfield and defence Lambert seems to have uncovered something of great potential in Weimann and Benteke.

Herd is awful though and playing him in defence has to stop, surely Lichaj is better and a defender?

We keep banging on about how great our youth teams are or should have ended up being, yet do we not have a defender in the reserve/u21 team who could come in? Yep i know we need more kids in the side like we need fat cheer leaders but...... **** anything is better than Herd there!

Quality point after we got dominated for the first 20 mins, with Mechu hitting the post twice and Routledge missing a one on one, could of been 3 or 4. Didn't watch the match but saw on Soccer Saturday (Tuesday lol) that we were getting slaughted, when Jeff said there was a goal at the Liberty I thought here we go again but it was a Weimann equaiser :D Anyone know what formation we played today, seemed like the 3-5-2 again with Bennett and Albrighton as wing backs?? Our defence needs improving so badly (new CB/LB) from the highlights I just saw on MOTD was of Sunday League I watched recently.

Edited by Avflife

Â