• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Herd
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Holman (for Stevenes 68)
    • Bannan (for Westwood 80)
    • Bowery (for Albrighton 85)

Home from the match, and all I can say is what a difference a goal makes. We were a completely different side after half time thanks to Weimann's tireless efforts. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible to concede in the last minute but I think we've gone a long way to stopping the rot. Clark, Lowton, Westwood, Albrighton and Weimann all gave it everything today, and got us a point that not many would have expected prior to kick-off.

Not sure you can credit us with stopping the rot.

It sounded like the only reason it wasn't another embarrassing hammering was the poor finishing by Swansea in the first 20 minutes.

Ultimately a good point but another performance that makes me worry.

I thought you were the FACTS man ? A draw is a draw isn't it, so in your way of looking at things is indisputable proof that we are now definitely going up ? Thats how you see things isn't it ? And then if we lose we are definitely getting worse ? And so on ?

Edited by terrytini

I thought you were the FACTS man ? A draw is a draw isn't it, so in your way of looking at things is indisputable proof that we are now definitely going up ? Thats how you see things isn't it ? And then if we lose we are definitely getting worse ? And so on ?

I thought your other post was stupid.

You've managed to beat it.

Oh dear, read the so called impressive stats article on the os. It claims that guzan to Benteke was the most successful pass combination made it 11 times. Also herd made 9 successful clearances out of 22 attempted, what on earth does that even mean?

It means Herd is rubbish!

Overall a point is a good result but the performance could have been better.

Let's hope we're in the market for a CB, LB, CM and winger in the near future!

Gutted in the end. We should of hung on for the win.

We were shockingly bad for the opening 15mins. After that we improved to just plain bad until Benteke and weimann combined to give us an undeserved equaliser.

2nd half we were a different proposition. Benteke was excellent, Weimann was too. Westwood and Lowton were good. Clarke, Stevens and Herd all did Ok. I thought Michu's tackled on Westwood was a bloody disgrace, looked like a jiu jitsu leg lock.....maybe I'm wrong here...but to me it looked intentional.

I am a little worried about Bennett and Albrigthton, Dont think they'd get in any other Prem sides first 11, maybe Readings?

All in all we got a well deserved point. Lots of positives. Cannot fault the effort.

Edited by Villastine

Great to get another point but it was a very lucky one. Swansea should have been out of sight after 20 mins.

• Like 1

Big difference today especially 2nd half...first 15 was Swansea vs Guzan. But did anyone see the reaction of our players when their equaliser went in? All of them on the floor absolutely gutted, even saw Benteke swing his arm in frustration. It proved they cared today and looked like they did too, onwards and upwards from here I feel. Herd and Clark were much better second half. Delph showed occasional glimpses. Bennett isn't a left midfielder. I feel if we would have had Vlaar/Dunne we would have saw that out. UTV

They were singing "One Paul Lambert" at the Hawthorns today. They conceded the winner while they were singing it. :)

Thanks - needed confirmation I was hearing the same thing.

I have to see even if we are shit in midfield and defence Lambert seems to have uncovered something of great potential in Weimann and Benteke.

Herd is awful though and playing him in defence has to stop, surely Lichaj is better and a defender?

...... **** anything is better than Herd there!

Agreed - the front pair could prove the equivalent to Bent in terms of staving off relegation this season. It's a logical conclusion given the manager's selections. But Lichaj is absolutely not a more useful player than Chris Herd. Though the latter's ultimate role is bench/utility/squad player at this level, I don't think the American has much of a future in the Premier League at all.

Also herd made 9 successful clearances out of 22 attempted, what on earth does that even mean?

I'm guessing it's the difference between retaining possession and it skewing off the side of the boot for a corner or dribbling it straight over the sideline before attempting to choke the opponent.

It took us 20 minutes to work out that we should not be defending so far up the pitch. In that time we really should have been 3 or more down but for Guzan, the woodwork and some poor finishing.

We didn't deserve to win, so a point is welcome.

And yes, Halsey is awful.

Very pleased with the point, but that doesn't hide the fact that for periods of the game we were still beyond dreadful. Has to be sorted (but then tbf we all know that)

Lambert was reaffirming his faith in this squad in his post-match interview so maybe he doesn't... :o

At last the bad run stopped to a degree, a good point I didnt think we would get. Woeful first 20mins which needs to be adressed. Were possibly the worst team for conceding early and late on. We simply have to beat saints at home. Hopefully a few players back from injury soon. That would be a massive boost.

Not sure on the personel, but nice to see 4-4-2 (ish, not sure what Bennett was?) Albrighton isnt a fantastic player but was a good outlet I thought. Maybe a wide man in the transfer window wouldnt hurt (or Nzogbia to step up)

Well we began 2013 with a very decent point away at Swansea. Bit different to beginning 2012 with a pathetic home defeat to the same team, and they are much better than they were then too.

Â