• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Herd
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Holman (for Stevenes 68)
    • Bannan (for Westwood 80)
    • Bowery (for Albrighton 85)

absolutely gutted. my villa head told me there was a chance of winning, but realistically i knew that we were very likely to lose. To have been that close to a win is very frustrating but at least we got a point, a couple of goals and some time off from the premiership now. i think the confidence will start to build again now. here is hoping. Good response from the kids after the last 3 games, and the first part of the game, keep it up!!

Holman **** plonker.

Every time he plays he does this stupid thing where he runs hell for leather at the person with the ball and all they have to do is push it to the side and they're round him. He leaves himself completely flat footed and can't get back. He did it today and let the cross come in... He could have prevented that goal...

So what if there was 5 minutes added on, they scored in the 3rd minute. It stops the rot and the window is open, get some players in cus we have matches coming up that we have to win.

We do struggle to hang on to a lead (I think it has been so long since we had one I'm not sure). Happy with a point I had not expected before the game or when we went a goal down although having got so near to all 3 it is a pity we could not have held onto the win. Nice to see the fight back rather than a tame surrender.

So what if there was 5 minutes added on, they scored in the 3rd minute. It stops the rot and the window is open, get some players in cus we have matches coming up that we have to win.

Good point - Villa even when flying high under MON tended to go to jelly and stop playing when defending a lead in the last ten minutes of games. We need to just keep going as we were. Nevermind, a good result and something to start building from again.

Hope that Westwood's injury is just a bit of bruising - otherwise its a real stinker.

Joe Bennett isn't a defender and I imagine Holman is going to have an awkward dressing room time about now.

That was nailbiting to say the least. On reflection more than happy with a point after we took an almighty hammering (again) for the first 20 minutes. Benteke was superb once again and so was Weimann.

Wrenching to concede at the end but it was more than fair after they battered us for large parts of the game (and Bennett lucky not to concede a penalty). Benteke and Weimann immense again. A team whose outfield line up had a starting age of 22.4. Incredible really.

You say we've stopped the rot, but we still conceded two goals. (yes one was a last minute goal i know)

Nonetheless I think it was a decent performance and Swansea on balance should have won if they'd have put all their chances away in the first half.

It was better - second half we looked competitive - now we need players back and a bit of help from the window. Late equaliser feels like a kick in the balls but a point is very welcome.

Two games against lower league opposition gives us a chance to build a little confidence.

Hopefully the late equaliser won't leave them too flat going into the next one. Another important point in the bag and an encouraging second half display after an awful first half. Both strikers on the score-sheet again which can only be a good thing.

We are definitely a couple of leaders short on the pitch, whether they come from those returning from injury or from the window it needs sorting and fast. If we can get that done we'll be alright.

does Holman not know how to hold a player up instead of just letting Dyer walk past him cus he dived in at him ffs? for a senior pro that was schoolboy stuff.

was impressed with Stevens distribution in first half, bennet still looks shit and way too laid back with bad decision making.

thank **** we have a decent enough strike force to be able cause other teams some problems. Benteke & Wiemann men of the match for me

Â