College sports - general chat

leviramsey

I saw up until about early 3rd and whoever that QB is for Ohio State looked pretty good!  Cam Newton-esque!

Mind you i was very impressed with their Oline and hopefully some are coming out for the draft and heading to the Giants.

Mariota is a very average QB imo.  Maybe slightly better than Manziel, but he isnt going to do anything in the pro's unless he ends up with the Eagles or another spread, gimmick offense.

Mariota will be very good IMO, he made some incredible plays that turned in to drops. Oregon played like the Giants of last year, no run game yet run every 1st and 2nd down down and put Mariota in to a hole, even then his wideouts dropped routine catches that you or I could make. He also had no help from the run game and the defense gave up so much.

Jones at OSU is going to be hilariously overrated on just 3 games. Where he had the assistance of over 200 yards rushing in every game, I might add. I'd argue he was OSU's worst player. Some absolutely dreadful decisions and his turnovers were what kept Oregon alive. That untouched fumble and botched handoff were shocking.

The run game and defensive line of OSU were what won the game. Masterful performance. Ezekiel Elliot was amazing. Any kind of hole and he turned it in to a massive gain. Money on 3rd/4th and short too.

Edited by kurtsimonw

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/03/2016 at 20:56, Dom_Wren said:

Kyle Richardson, the head football coach at the high school i teach at has accepted a position at National championship runners up Clemson university.

Was a punter in the NFL too a quick google tells me.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

#2 Ohio State v. #3 Meatchicken today at 12 noon EST.

The winner will probably go to the playoffs for a shot at the National Championship and the loser will cry about a missed opportunity.

GO BUCKEYES!

Edited by BerniesElbow

Â