College sports - general chat

leviramsey

I thought we'd miss Johnny Townsend's punts but he's been replaced by his equally talented brother Tommy Townsend?

Charleston are blowout fodder but Franks has looked good throwing and running . Samaje's cousin Lamical Perine looks good at RB . Tyrie Cleveland is getting drafted high no question.

Mullen has them well drilled.

Just stayed up until 4.30am to watch Kentucky beat UF for the first time in 31 years.   At the Swamp.

UK have a LB named Josh Allen who probably played the best game I've seen from a LB in the last 10 years. He's incredible.  Their RB Snell is bloody good too.

Franks reverted back to the old spaghetti arm of last season as soon as the pressure was turned up.

1 step forward 2 steps back for Mullen.

UCF are going to be the top dogs in Florida again no danger.

40 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Was watching that game but missed the end. Was a good one. The difficulty is picking a game that is not a blowout.

I just keep an eye on the days scores and flick to whatever looks best right then . 

• Like 1

Watched another belter last night that went to the end.

Darnold's replacement JT Daniels looked good but he doesn't put enough mustard on it for me.  Gardner Minshew for Washington State definitely looks like a QB to keep an eye on though . 

Edited by Brumerican

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

Just watched Army vs OU highlights. Army had the ball for 45 minutes and lost in overtime. I know they run every play but that’s insane. One of OU’s linebackers made 28 tackles!

It wasn't even on TV , just PPV . 

Army WP QB stats...

K. Hopkins Jr 

Passing  40yds and 2 INT

Rushing 102 yds and a TD.

Just taking OU to overtime is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2018 at 04:38, Brumerican said:

UK have a LB named Josh Allen who probably played the best game I've seen from a LB in the last 10 years. He's incredible. 

The kid's getting a sack a game from 2 point stances and is brutal against the run.

If you get the chance sit and watch a Kentucky game just to watch him play .

On 15/10/2018 at 20:12, Xela said:

Go Buckeyes! (I have found my college team!)

I have to admire a team named after a conker. 

UF are on a bye before the big one against Georgia next week so I'll be watching Haskins at The Boilermakers tomorrow.

After 7 games he's got 28 TD's to 4 picks and a 72% completion rate.

Stares down targets too much but those mechanics and quick release are superb.

• Like 1

Â