Your #1 Greatest Person Ever

maqroll

If I was going for a UK person then hands down it has to be Margaret Thatcher , we've had some great Brits over the years but nobody can come close to her... I think when she does the least we can do is rename Liverpool or Sheffield in her honour

They started to with Sword removedhorpe

I digress for one minute but in the pub I was in on Friday evening there is a party fund for when she does snuff it - those miners certainly do hate her still

One person? Hm, can't come up with a better suggestion than mother Theresa.

MT [Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.”

Christopher Hitchens

Hm, have to admit that I obviously don't know enough about her. My knowledge about her was that she travellled around and helped poor kids and all that. Thought that was a nice thing to do. But again it shows that few things are done only for a good sake.

Leonardo da Vinci

I went to an exibition of the stuff he invented and did and I get the impression that if it was'nt for this one man we would be about 50 years behind where we are now.

The good old days?

Leonardo da Vinci

I went to an exibition of the stuff he invented and did and I get the impression that if it was'nt for this one man we would be about 50 years behind where we are now.

Actually, that's a very good shout. Amazing bloke.

Must admit, I'm tending toward the scientists myself. Euclid, DaVinci, Newton, Tesla, Einstein, Darwin, Fleming, Watson/Crick. From the arts and humanities, Shakespeare takes some beating.

Â